Buying First LCD

solacedagony

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2004
I'm looking around for my first LCD now. I prefer CRTs overall, but I'm into speaker building and obviously magnet and CRTs don't mix. So I'm going to get an LCD. I'm looking at the 19" and 20" varieties right now. My biggest problem after going through all the other threads on here is picking an LCD. I basically want an overall good LCD. I watch movies, play games and do schoolwork on it, so I need something that is capable of all of them. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect in every field, as that's obviously not possible. I'm also not sure if I want widescreen, but I think I'll just get it anyway.
I was looking at the ViewSonic VX2035WM (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116066). ViewSonic has been around a long time and the X series is one of the better series they make, so I assume it'll be good.
Any opinions and suggestions of other displays are absolutely welcome and encouraged. I'm not really sure what makes one LCD better than another (outside of latency, which is never true, and color fidelity).

Thanks!
Jake