Sign in with
Your question

Easiest cheapest way to boost verizon cell phone signal

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
July 31, 2011 2:44:42 PM

Eek! Maybe someone who has had the same problem can help.....just moved to an area that does not have Verizon cell phone coverage. On the map it does show coverage beginning approximately 100 ft to the west of me, to the east it is a mile or so, north and south are both a 1/2 mile. I will gladly welcome any and all help on boosters, antennas, etc.. Sprint gets an excellent signal here, and I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to switch. I did see that Verizon has a booster for $249, haha, I pay enough for their service, I'm surely not going to pay more! Any help out there? Thanks so much!
August 4, 2011 4:26:04 PM

the antenna-like devices you put in phones generally do not work. the few that do work also magnify the signal past the limits set forth by phone manufacturers. pretty good way to increase your chance of brain cancer by using those.

signal repeaters (which i think is what you looked at) are good at providing a signal in the general area provided they have a signal themselves. if you have zero signal the repeater will have zero signal. normally they are used to provide buildings with "inside coverage" because steel and concrete can kill coverage. most major office buildings have such devices.

one thing i do recommend is to download the latest list of towers in your area. it should be listed in your manual. i believe it was some *### type command. my signal got boosted by 1-2 bars when i did this.

i'm at the very edge of a deadzone myself and besides what i said above there isnt much to do about it. every phone company has this as a dead zone as well. i used to get 0-1 bars, after the update i get 0-3. calls get missed or dropped at times but its not bad (and i have a landline also so no big deal).

if you have high speed internet keep in mind you might be able to VOIP and not rely on spotty signal.
m
l
January 17, 2013 6:20:50 PM

You need to try a cellular repeater that is installed on your roof that will pick up the outdoor signal and rebroadcast it throughout the property. This way all carriers and all 2g/3g/4g services will be covered. You can try www.4surecalls.com for more info.
m
l
!