Windows 7 has become very slow!

tushar_18121994

Honorable
May 25, 2012
My computer specs: Intel Core i3 3.06 GHz, 2 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB Hard Disk, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

Since like a month or 2, I have been facing this problem. My windows have started working really slow. There is plenty of free hard disk space on my PC and I have uninstalled many unwanted softwares but still no use. Most of the time this problem occurs while booting my windows ( like more than 10-15 mins ) . It takes a lot of time to start up and when this happens, other things also work slowly thereafter. Sometimes restarting the computer fixes the problem but the problem has become more frequent now.

I dont think it is an antivirus problem. Earlier I was using bitDefender Total Security and a few days ago I switched to avast Free Antivirus.

Is there any program which I can use to find what particular software or issue is causing this problem ?
Or any other way to solve this problem ?

Please Help!

tushar_18121994

Honorable
May 25, 2012
No nothing is using too much memory I think. Only the applications which I am using currently like chrome etc. use a little more memory than others. Can you suggest any program which can reduce my boot time. Will programs that 'Clean up Registry' rectify any problem ?

johhny-marshal

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

As the system has 500 GB HDD, there should be 4 GB RAM in the system. Since the processor is good, it will run it fine. I would suggest you to Re-boot your system with a Win 7 Disc. The problem is, as the time pass by, the Windows itself gets slower. After re-booting put a good antivirus program on your system and keep it update,

Is your Windows installation fully updated? Did you recently make any changes to the system?

johnvich

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
That really doesn't look like an antivirus problem. The best thing to do is clean it up. I would suggest "Krojam Cleaner". It is what i use and works perfect for me.