crobb100

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003
Hi-
Looking for more good advice from Tom's forum members!

Just got a Pioneer DVR-108, seems to work fine. It came with Nero StartSmart OEM suite.

I want to record CDRs for use at home and in my car from CDs I own. Windows Media Player wants to burn discs in WMV format. When I use Nero to burn the CDs the player stops at a track repeatedly from the original CD and won't create an image file on a couple of discs.

1. What format should I use to burn CDs for use in car and home CD players?
2. Would an upgrade to the full Nero suite help, do you think? I want to be able to burn both CDs and DVDs.
3. What CDR media do you recommend for audio CDs? I have seen CDR media that seems like it's specifically for audio use. I burned some audio CDs a year or so ago with a different burner which are now skipping and not playing well despite care and cleaning. Bad media?

Anything else that might be useful info is appreciated also.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Asus P4PE 533 mhz Pentium 4 3.06 1 GB OCZ PC2700 120 GB Maxtor Radeon 9800 Pro
Asus P4P800 800 mhz Pentium 4 3.2 1 GB OCZ PC3200 70 GB Raptor Radeon 9800 Pro

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
1. CD-Audio format. Nero can convert WAV's and MP3's easily to CD-Audio format. When Nero starts, click on the "audio CD" icon, drag and drop the files.
2. Maybe
3. Any name brand media should last around 5 years, when you start having problems with a CD you can still copy it to a fresh CD.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>