Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is it a
folder on the harddrive?

--
George Hester
_______________________________

George Hester wrote:
> Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is
> it a folder on the harddrive?

Guess it depends on context - where have you seen it referred to?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

On the Windows XP Native CD Writing.

--
George Hester
_______________________________
> George Hester wrote:
> > Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is
> > it a folder on the harddrive?
>
> Guess it depends on context - where have you seen it referred to?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

When you first insert a blank CD into your CD recorder drive, Windows XP
opens a dialog box asking if you want to open a writable CD folder using
Windows Explorer.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

George Hester wrote:
> Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is it a
> folder on the harddrive?
>
> --
> George Hester
> _______________________________

Yes so what exactly is that? I do not see a new folder. I do see my CD
drive it looks like a folder but one is never made there. I don't
understand what a Writeable CD Folder is. If I don't do that will I not be
able to use Windows XP native tools to write to the CDR?

--
George Hester
_______________________________
"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
> When you first insert a blank CD into your CD recorder drive, Windows XP
> opens a dialog box asking if you want to open a writable CD folder using
> Windows Explorer.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>

> George Hester wrote:
> > Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is it a
> > folder on the harddrive?
> >
> > --
> > George Hester
> > _______________________________

We call it the staging area. It's where files go to be made into a CD. So to burn a file it gets copied to the staging folder and then converted to CD then deleted.

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%235cr0fShFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Yes so what exactly is that? I do not see a new folder. I do see my CD
> drive it looks like a folder but one is never made there. I don't
> understand what a Writeable CD Folder is. If I don't do that will I not be
> able to use Windows XP native tools to write to the CDR?
>
> --
> George Hester
> _______________________________
> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
>> When you first insert a blank CD into your CD recorder drive, Windows XP
>> opens a dialog box asking if you want to open a writable CD folder using
>> Windows Explorer.
>>
>> regards,
>> ssg MS-MVP
>>

>> George Hester wrote:
>> > Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is it a
>> > folder on the harddrive?
>> >
>> > --
>> > George Hester

Thanks Dave. Where exactly is this "staging" (area) folder? In the user's
temp? Can I change where it is made?

--
George Hester