What is a writable CD folder?

Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is it a
folder on the harddrive?

--
George Hester
_______________________________

    George Hester wrote:
    > Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is
    > it a folder on the harddrive?

    Guess it depends on context - where have you seen it referred to?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    On the Windows XP Native CD Writing.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    > George Hester wrote:
    > > Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is
    > > it a folder on the harddrive?
    >
    > Guess it depends on context - where have you seen it referred to?
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --
    > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

    When you first insert a blank CD into your CD recorder drive, Windows XP
    opens a dialog box asking if you want to open a writable CD folder using
    Windows Explorer.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    George Hester wrote:
    > Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is it a
    > folder on the harddrive?
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________

    Yes so what exactly is that? I do not see a new folder. I do see my CD
    drive it looks like a folder but one is never made there. I don't
    understand what a Writeable CD Folder is. If I don't do that will I not be
    able to use Windows XP native tools to write to the CDR?

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
    > When you first insert a blank CD into your CD recorder drive, Windows XP
    > opens a dialog box asking if you want to open a writable CD folder using
    > Windows Explorer.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >

    > George Hester wrote:
    > > Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is it a
    > > folder on the harddrive?
    > >
    > > --
    > > George Hester
    > > _______________________________

    We call it the staging area. It's where files go to be made into a CD. So to burn a file it gets copied to the staging folder and then converted to CD then deleted.

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%235cr0fShFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Yes so what exactly is that? I do not see a new folder. I do see my CD
    > drive it looks like a folder but one is never made there. I don't
    > understand what a Writeable CD Folder is. If I don't do that will I not be
    > able to use Windows XP native tools to write to the CDR?
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    > "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> When you first insert a blank CD into your CD recorder drive, Windows XP
    >> opens a dialog box asking if you want to open a writable CD folder using
    >> Windows Explorer.
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> ssg MS-MVP
    >>

    >> George Hester wrote:
    >> > Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is it a
    >> > folder on the harddrive?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > George Hester
    >> > _______________________________

    Thanks Dave. Where exactly is this "staging" (area) folder? In the user's
    temp? Can I change where it is made?

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________

    ----------------------
    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Yes so what exactly is that? I do not see a new folder. I do see my CD
    > drive it looks like a folder but one is never made there. I don't
    > understand what a Writeable CD Folder is. If I don't do that will I not
    be
    > able to use Windows XP native tools to write to the CDR?
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    > "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> When you first insert a blank CD into your CD recorder drive, Windows XP
    >> opens a dialog box asking if you want to open a writable CD folder using
    >> Windows Explorer.
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> ssg MS-MVP
    >>

    >> George Hester wrote:
    >> > Is this folder put on a CDR by Windows XP's native CD writing or is it
    >> > folder on the harddrive?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > George Hester

Microsoft CD-Rom Hard Drives Windows XP