Welcome freezes, no safe mode

Hi wonderful tech gurus!

My computer stops loading at the blue windows logo welcome screen. It makes
a sound about every 7 seconds like its accessing the hard drive, its like an
annoying soundtrack to my frustration. My computer also wont start in safe
mode, last successful config mode or any of those.

Should my next step should be to reinstall or try system restore from the XP
cd? I cant find a page on this site telling me how to make my CD the boot
drive. Or should I try something different? Thanks in advance!

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

try the systemrestore first. If that doesn't work read here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307654
chkdsk /r is what you need to run.

--
Don Kendrick

"Theager Stak" wrote:

> Hi wonderful tech gurus!
>
> My computer stops loading at the blue windows logo welcome screen. It makes
> a sound about every 7 seconds like its accessing the hard drive, its like an
> annoying soundtrack to my frustration. My computer also wont start in safe
> mode, last successful config mode or any of those.
>
> Should my next step should be to reinstall or try system restore from the XP
> cd? I cant find a page on this site telling me how to make my CD the boot
> drive. Or should I try something different? Thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS