Difference Between MS Power Calculator and MS Calculator P..

Sam

I have a Dell Dimensions 8200 computer with windows XP Pro (SP2). I would
appreciate it very much if someone could explain the difference between the
two Microsoft calculators. Thanks, Sam.

Sam wrote:
>I have a Dell Dimensions 8200 computer with windows XP Pro (SP2). I would
>appreciate it very much if someone could explain the difference between the
>two Microsoft calculators. Thanks, Sam.

How about using them and seeing the difference? Or just looking at the
description of the Plus one?

Microsoft Calculator
-------------------------
"You can use Calculator to perform any of the standard operations for which
you would normally use a handheld calculator. Calculator performs basic
arithmetic, such as addition and subtraction, as well as functions found on
a scientific calculator, such as logarithms and factorials."

Microsoft Calculator Plus
-------------------------------
"This application allows you to complete many different types of
conversions; it also includes all the mathematical functions offered in
Microsoft Calculator."
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b0d059-b53a-4dc9-8265-da47f157c091&DisplayLang=en#overview)
(Short Link: http://snipurl.com/g58a )

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Sam

Shenan, thanks very much for your reply and information. I did look at a
web site for each program but did not find as much information as you did
for the Microsoft Calculator (MS PowerToys for Windows XP). Thanks again,
Sam.

> Sam wrote:
>>I have a Dell Dimensions 8200 computer with windows XP Pro (SP2). I would
>>appreciate it very much if someone could explain the difference between
>>the two Microsoft calculators. Thanks, Sam.
>
> How about using them and seeing the difference? Or just looking at the
> description of the Plus one?
>
> Microsoft Calculator
> -------------------------
> "You can use Calculator to perform any of the standard operations for
> which you would normally use a handheld calculator. Calculator performs
> basic arithmetic, such as addition and subtraction, as well as functions
> found on a scientific calculator, such as logarithms and factorials."
>

> Microsoft Calculator Plus
> -------------------------------
> "This application allows you to complete many different types of
> conversions; it also includes all the mathematical functions offered in
> Microsoft Calculator."
> (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b0d059-b53a-4dc9-8265-da47f157c091&DisplayLang=en#overview)
> (Short Link: http://snipurl.com/g58a )
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Calculator comes with XP. Calculator Plus is free. Download it and do a side
by side comparison. Not so difficult, is it? After all, you were at the web
site to read about it - you are right at the download as well.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

Quote from: George Ankner

"Sam" <scams@msn.com> wrote in message
> Shenan, thanks very much for your reply and information. I did look at a
> web site for each program but did not find as much information as you did
> for the Microsoft Calculator (MS PowerToys for Windows XP). Thanks again,
> Sam.
>

> "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Sam wrote:
>>>I have a Dell Dimensions 8200 computer with windows XP Pro (SP2). I
>>>would appreciate it very much if someone could explain the difference
>>>between the two Microsoft calculators. Thanks, Sam.
>>
>> How about using them and seeing the difference? Or just looking at the
>> description of the Plus one?
>>
>> Microsoft Calculator
>> -------------------------
>> "You can use Calculator to perform any of the standard operations for
>> which you would normally use a handheld calculator. Calculator performs
>> basic arithmetic, such as addition and subtraction, as well as functions
>> found on a scientific calculator, such as logarithms and factorials."
>>

>> Microsoft Calculator Plus
>> -------------------------------
>> "This application allows you to complete many different types of
>> conversions; it also includes all the mathematical functions offered in
>> Microsoft Calculator."
>> (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b0d059-b53a-4dc9-8265-da47f157c091&DisplayLang=en#overview)
>> (Short Link: http://snipurl.com/g58a )
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --
>> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Sam

Shenan, thanks for your reply. I replied a few days ago but did not see
this reply to your post. Have a good week, Sam.

Sam wrote:
> Shenan, thanks for your reply. I replied a few days ago but did not
> see this reply to your post. Have a good week, Sam.

No problem. Glad it helped.
I forgot to mention the PLUS version is much.. *flashier* too.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP