nomec

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I wasnt sure where I would really post this thing so I just decided to put it here.

I am buying a high end PC this summer and I was looking to buy something and not build it because I dont know how nor do I know anyone that could do it for me... so i am going elsewhere.

I am looking at companies like Voodoo PC, Alienware, Dell (XPS) and companies like that. Here is the question:

Which of these companies makes the best/fastest computer? Does anyone know of a site that compares benchmarks of these systems? I found a few things on this site but no clear comparison between the different brands. Thanks!

markop20033

Distinguished
May 12, 2007
If i were you i would'nt go with any of those brands unless you've got lots of cash to burn. Look for less known companies, such as your local PC shop, however if you are getting one of them try looking for individual component benchmarks they should help yuou compare the systems and help you see what changes could give you more performance. Generaly though if the components are the some or have the same specs (alienware 1000w PSU compareed to an Enermax Galaxym 1000w PSU) they'll give the same or very similar performance.

mm_vr

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
I would build one if I needed a computer, but if you are unfamiliar with computers I can't help, sorry.

danmarhk

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Nomec, although building your own system is fun and can save some money, as mentioned by mm_vr and markop20033, buying a ready-made PC is not too bad.
You can save a lot of trouble, get a package of essential software including Windows, and get an easy plan of warranty.
A trustworthy company can satisfy you, and it is good that you know some of them.
The price will not be too different from one company to another, so you can just focus on the price.
Please note that these ready-made PCs are usually of bad display cards. Some of the companies like Dell would allow you to specify a display cards.
This is necessary if you want a good audio-visual entertainment experience.
Hope this can help you.

lenkeng2008

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
High Definition Video Converter
Shenzhen Lenkeng Technology Co, which professionally manufacture :
1. PC TO TV converter, PC TO TV box, PC TO TV project, PC To TV OEM, PC TO TV ODM,etc.
2. Video Converter, Video converting card, KTV synchronouslly, KTV controller, LCD CMOS chip, medical treatment image freezing board.
3. AV TO VGA, VGA TO AV, VGA TO SVIDEO, SVIDEO TO VGA,CVBS TO VGA, BNC TO VGA, PAL TO VGA, NTSC TO VGA, VGA Switch, AV Switch, Picture handling, etc.
4. Effect well, bring with freezing, return turn on, separate screen freezing, compare freezing in the same screen,
5. HDMI series, HDMI Switch (4*4,4*1, 4*2, 3*1); HDMI splitter (1*4,1*8); HDMI Converter (VGA TO HDMI, AV TO HDMI, Scart TO HDMI)
6. According to clients' specific requirment, we can amend items' function.

MSN: yejianfang014@hotmail.com
E-mail; iris@lenkeng.com
TEl; 86-0755-82500214
Web; http://www.lenkeng.com/english

arkadi

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
What is hi end for you? What you will use the computer for? Work or gaming? You need pc or workstation, best thing to do is making up your mind on the configuration, than look for brand pc/workstation vs. self build price and than making the choice. If you will go for self build I am sure that any local store will be more than happy to build hi end system for you. We can help with the configuration, if you will specify your needs and budget 

AtanuBhuyan

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
@arkadi. Its been months since this tread's been active, but your offer to help on the issue is of a good relevance to what I've been seeking for now. Hope you could help me with this. Consider me a novice when I specify my needs and budget. I need to buy a dedicated(or relevant) server (Window(pref.)/Linux) for carrying out long C/Fortran based codes for numerical computation. Thus my hi end computer requirement is for work. My budget is max. 2.5 lac INR or 5.5k USD, and I'm not sure whether a PC or workstation is more appropriate for this budget. The problem I'm facing is being unable to fix on the configurations which apparently should be my starting criteria. Could you or anyone guide me on this? I hope my needs and budget are clarified for that matter. Thank you.