MN-700 disconnection now and then

Hello, I'm using my MN-700 router currently as an access point.

My ISP is Verizon Online DSL (PPPoE)
My settings are:

Broadcast channel: 1
No Encryption
Workgroup: HOME

I'm using a 801.11b wireless card on the computer I'm working on now.
Channel: 1
No Encryption
Workgroup: HOME

My problem is that even though my connnection seems to be fine (-52 to -
67 dBm, or 4/5 bars on my Wireless Network Connections window) I get
disconnected like..once every half hour..it fluctuates though. I have no
idea why it does this.

The problem is, it happens even about 10 feet away from the wireless
router. I also have a laptop for my mother who has used it about 10 feet
away from the router, still being disconnected every few minutes.

Does anyone else have a problem like this? I used to have a 24 bit (i
think 24) encryption. At a friend's suggestion, I turned it off and I
get disconnected less frequently, but it still occurs. I find I get
disconnected much more frequently if I'm playing an online video game,
such as Starcraft or Tribes 2.

-I've already tried setting my disconnect for idle timer to 999.
-I still get disconnected while I'm on router mode, so it's not because
I'm on access point mode.
-Range doesn't appear to be the issue
-When I'm disconnected from the internet, my signal received in
nonexistent, and my connection to the workgroup is also severed. It
often comes back in a second, but sometimes it takes 20-40 seconds to
come back up as well.
-I've tried doing a power flush on my router several times as well, that
didn't work.

Does anyone also have or has had this problem? Any tips or help would be
greatly appreciated.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Dear hybridx,

Hmmm. Who told you Verizon DSL is PPPoE? I've had
Verison DSL for over three years and mine isn't. Maybe
the same friend who told you to disable encryption? Use
the max-bit WEP and MAC filtering as a minimum. That's
not the problem.

Under the Authentication tab of your Internet connection
make sure "Enable 802.1x..." is UNCHECKED. Try again.

Good Luck!