Just had a brain fart. Someone just called me and asked how to have the
icons on the Desktop just have the text under them and not the text in a
blue box, and I forgot. Can you jump start my memory?

Thanks,
Bruce

In news:eoF649MhFHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Bruce Hagen <Nospam@mymail.invalid> typed:

> Just had a brain fart. Someone just called me and asked how to
> have
> the icons on the Desktop just have the text under them and not
> the
> text in a blue box, and I forgot. Can you jump start my memory?

From a post by Malke:
To have transparent icons:

1) Hold down the Windows key and press Pause/Break. On the
"Advanced" tab, under "Performance" click "Settings." On the
"Visual Effects" tab, make sure the box "Use drop shadows for
icon labels" is checked

2) Right-click on the Desktop, and make sure that "Arrange Icons
by" "Lock Web items" is not checked.

3) Right-click on the Desktop, and choose Properties. Othe
"Desktop" tab, click "Customize Desktop," then on the "Web" tab,
uncheck all boxes.

4) Make sure any Wallpaper is an image file. Html will stop the
transparency.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> In news:eoF649MhFHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> Bruce Hagen <Nospam@mymail.invalid> typed:
>
>> Just had a brain fart. Someone just called me and asked how to have
>> the icons on the Desktop just have the text under them and not the
>> text in a blue box, and I forgot. Can you jump start my memory?
>

> From a post by Malke:
> To have transparent icons:
>
> 1) Hold down the Windows key and press Pause/Break. On the "Advanced" tab,
> under "Performance" click "Settings." On the "Visual Effects" tab, make
> sure the box "Use drop shadows for icon labels" is checked
>
> 2) Right-click on the Desktop, and make sure that "Arrange Icons by" "Lock
> Web items" is not checked.
>
> 3) Right-click on the Desktop, and choose Properties. Othe "Desktop" tab,
> click "Customize Desktop," then on the "Web" tab, uncheck all boxes.
>
> 4) Make sure any Wallpaper is an image file. Html will stop the
> transparency.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

Thank you kindly,
Bruce

In news:Og9O7gNhFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Bruce Hagen <Nospam@mymail.invalid> typed:

>> In news:eoF649MhFHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
>> Bruce Hagen <Nospam@mymail.invalid> typed:
>>
>>> Just had a brain fart. Someone just called me and asked how
>>> to have
>>> the icons on the Desktop just have the text under them and
>>> not the
>>> text in a blue box, and I forgot. Can you jump start my
>>> memory?
>>

>> From a post by Malke:
>> To have transparent icons:

> Thank you kindly,