Wiki based interactive fiction system

Last response: in Video Games
February 12, 2005 4:16:37 PM

Hi,

I've just started a page on IFWiki with some ideas for an authoring
system based on Wikis. Check it out if you are interested:

http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/Wiki_Based_Interactive_...

Cheers,

Thomas
February 13, 2005 2:37:23 AM

On or about 2/12/2005 3:16 PM, thomas.strohmann@gmail.com did proclaim:
> Hi,

Thomas, learn how to cross-post. Instead of posting identical messages
to r.a.i-f and r.g.i-f, you can post a single message to both groups.
That way, replies in either group will also show up in both, and those
of us with sufficently intellegent news readers will only read things
one time.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 2:50:29 PM

samwyse wrote:
> On or about 2/12/2005 3:16 PM, thomas.strohmann@gmail.com did proclaim:
>
>> Hi,
>

> Thomas, learn how to cross-post. Instead of posting identical messages
> to r.a.i-f and r.g.i-f, you can post a single message to both groups.
> That way, replies in either group will also show up in both, and those
> of us with sufficently intellegent news readers will only read things
> one time.

Some newsreaders and some newsservers don't allow crossposting. It
looks like Thomas is posting through Google; I don't know for sure, but
I would suspect it's among them. Be sensitive to those whose ISPs don't
provide them with NNTP servers; fewer ISPs do every year. AOL is
discontinuing their usenet service this year, which is why I've
switched to news.individual.net. (And AOL never had a real NNTP server,
they just converted usenet posts into their internal message board
format, which resulted in really flaky threading and loss of most
header information, and made it impossible to crosspost, even by
replying to a message with followups set to crosspost.)
February 14, 2005 7:03:01 PM

M. Damian Dollahite wrote:

> Some newsreaders and some newsservers don't allow crossposting. It
> looks like Thomas is posting through Google; I don't know for sure,
but
> I would suspect it's among them.

That's incorrect.

Brian
February 15, 2005 7:44:20 AM

On or about 2/14/2005 11:50 AM, M. Damian Dollahite did proclaim:

> Some newsreaders and some newsservers don't allow crossposting. It
> looks like Thomas is posting through Google; I don't know for sure, but
> I would suspect it's among them.

I agree that Thomas is posting via Google, however Google *does* allow
crossposting. When you "start a new topic", there's a field for
entering the newsgroup(s) to which you wish to post, and underneath that
field is the instruction: "(Separate multiple groups with commas)".
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 7:54:08 PM

"M. Damian Dollahite" <ryukage@aol.com> wrote in message
> samwyse wrote:
>> On or about 2/12/2005 3:16 PM, thomas.strohmann@gmail.com did proclaim:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>

>> Thomas, learn how to cross-post. Instead of posting identical messages
>> to r.a.i-f and r.g.i-f, you can post a single message to both groups.
>> That way, replies in either group will also show up in both, and those of
>> us with sufficently intellegent news readers will only read things one
>> time.
>>

> Some newsreaders and some newsservers don't allow crossposting. It
> looks like Thomas is posting through Google; I don't know for sure, but
> I would suspect it's among them. Be sensitive to those whose ISPs don't
> provide them with NNTP servers; fewer ISPs do every year. AOL is
> discontinuing their usenet service this year, which is why I've
> switched to news.individual.net. (And AOL never had a real NNTP server,
> they just converted usenet posts into their internal message board
> format, which resulted in really flaky threading and loss of most
> header information, and made it impossible to crosspost, even by
> replying to a message with followups set to crosspost.)
And now news.individual.net is switching to a paid subscription. Bah!
!