Computer Management

In news:%23fpUJKNhFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Nocturnal <nocturnal@anonymous.com> typed:

> Anyway to get a shortcut on my desktop to Computer Management
> instead
> of always having to right click on My Computer?

Yes. Make a shortcut with this target:

%SystemRoot%\system32\compmgmt.msc /s

Please reply to the newsgroup

Use this for the target in the shortcut...
%SystemRoot%\system32\compmgmt.msc /s

Why not add Administrative Tools to the Start Menu?

To add Administrative Tools to the Start menu

Classic Start Menu...

Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
Customize button | Select Display Administrative Tools |
OK | Apply | OK

XP Start Menu...
Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
Customize button | Advanced tab | Under System Administrative
Tools | Select Display on the All Programs menu and Start Menu |
OK | Apply | OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23fpUJKNhFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Nocturnal <nocturnal@anonymous.com> hunted and pecked:
> Anyway to get a shortcut on my desktop to Computer Management instead of
> always having to right click on My Computer?
>
> --
> Nocturnal
>
> http://www.spywaretalk.org

Beat ya! :-D

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ukn9skNhFHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Ken Blake <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> hunted and pecked:

In news:%23$%23wM2NhFHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Wesley Vogel <123WVogel955@comcast.net> typed:

> Beat ya! :-D

Yes, you did, by just a few minutes. I saw your message after I
posted mine.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> In news:ukn9skNhFHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> Ken Blake <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> hunted and pecked:
>> In news:%23fpUJKNhFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>> Nocturnal <nocturnal@anonymous.com> typed:
>>
>>> Anyway to get a shortcut on my desktop to Computer Management
>>> instead
>>> of always having to right click on My Computer?
>>

>> Yes. Make a shortcut with this target:
>>
>> %SystemRoot%\system32\compmgmt.msc /s
>>

>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Yes, Click Start, Run (Type) Mmc. Once the console is open add the
appropriate Snap-ins (.Msc) modules. When you've configured and
setup the layout to your liking, save the console - It will default to a
name of Console.Msc. Then just create a shortcut to the console.
Using this method allows you to filter Event Logs and other custom
settings the normal console will not save.

"Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
> Anyway to get a shortcut on my desktop to Computer Management instead of
> always having to right click on My Computer?
>
> --
> Nocturnal
>
> http://www.spywaretalk.org

Just giving you a hard time, Ken. *eg*

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ena2Q6NhFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,

In news:ereT4tPhFHA.2840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Wesley Vogel <123WVogel955@comcast.net> typed:

> Just giving you a hard time, Ken. *eg*

Not a problem, Wes. I took your comment as light-hearted. I
should have added a smiley to my post too.