Windows start up help please ?

lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

When I re-boot my pc or just start it at the beginning of the day. Before
windows loads, I get this log-on screen. Says my name and I have to click on
it to load my settings. Fine. But I used to be able to re-start my pc and
comeback and see my desktop. Now I can't. I see that logon screen. I know it
can be disabled, just can't remember how.

Please help?

Regards: Scott

Lewis wrote:
> When I re-boot my pc or just start it at the beginning of the day.
> Before windows loads, I get this log-on screen. Says my name and I
> have to click on it to load my settings. Fine. But I used to be able
> to re-start my pc and comeback and see my desktop. Now I can't. I see
> that logon screen. I know it can be disabled, just can't remember how.
>
> Please help?

Remember how to Google and all of the other remembering can usually go away:

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

For example:

Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Boogieman

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:15:03 -0700, Lewis wrote:

> When I re-boot my pc or just start it at the beginning of the day. Before
> windows loads, I get this log-on screen. Says my name and I have to click on
> it to load my settings. Fine. But I used to be able to re-start my pc and
> comeback and see my desktop. Now I can't. I see that logon screen. I know it
> can be disabled, just can't remember how.

That happens to me always when I install .NET framework 1.1
If that is your case too, find and apply the latest patch for it.
Also, download from micro$oft site TweakUI from the PowerToys package.
If I remember correctly, there is autologon (or somethin') option.
It works 100%