Sign in with
Your question

Start up Error, UpdateTool?!

Last response: in Windows 7
September 10, 2012 2:00:11 PM

So this is a relatively new thing,

My computer seems fine, and according to Malwarebytes and MSE I'm virus free, but for some reason, every time the computer boots I get an error that states "Windows cannot find 'UpdateTool.exe'. Make Sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." and i have no idea what to do next.

I've looked on the Internet for similar things, but still nothing. I also went into msconfig to see if something there is out of place, but nothing seemed out of order.

Thanks again,
Eli

More about : start error updatetool

December 30, 2012 12:20:04 PM

ilikegirls said:
My computer seems fine, and according to Malwarebytes and MSE I'm virus free, but for some reason, every time the computer boots I get an error that states "Windows cannot find 'UpdateTool.exe'. Make Sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." and i have no idea what to do next.

I've looked on the Internet for similar things, but still nothing. I also went into msconfig to see if something there is out of place, but nothing seemed out of order.

I get the same error message, and on at least one occasion I could not connect to the Internet after getting this message. After rebooting, the error message does not appear, and I can connect to the Internet.

Please let me know if you find a solution.
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2013 9:14:43 AM

Hi Guys you've just got to uninstall origen en re-install it. That was the UpdateTool.exe fix for me.
m
l
January 22, 2013 2:15:16 PM

thijsjiht said:
Hi Guys you've just got to uninstall origen en re-install it. That was the UpdateTool.exe fix for me.

Hi-are you talking about Origin? the gaming account? I recently installed that b/c I wanted to play Alice and I started getting the updatetool error msgs after that.
m
l
July 12, 2014 5:41:10 AM

ilikegirls said:
So this is a relatively new thing,

Thanks again,
Eli

thijsjiht said:

uninstall origin and go to http://www.oldversion.com/windows/origin/ to download the old version
m
l
July 16, 2014 10:50:42 PM

I know this is old but no one else had the temp solution I had to find and I'd like to put it out there. Since I couldn't reinstall origin at the time I tried renaming EAProxyInstaller.ext to UpdateTool.exe (I assume it doesn't matter what program just so long as it doesn't create an error) it worked for me until I reinstalled it a week later when I got an internet connection.
m
l
July 24, 2014 7:50:36 PM

RedDragonflyxx said:
I know this is old but no one else had the temp solution I had to find and I'd like to put it out there. Since I couldn't reinstall origin at the time I tried renaming EAProxyInstaller.ext to UpdateTool.exe (I assume it doesn't matter what program just so long as it doesn't create an error) it worked for me until I reinstalled it a week later when I got an internet connection.

Did uninstalling it make you lose all of your games?
m
l
July 26, 2014 10:39:23 AM

I had the same problem before, Just download and run Startup Error Fixer. Worked like a charm!
m
l
!