Solved

Start up Error, UpdateTool?!

So this is a relatively new thing,

My computer seems fine, and according to Malwarebytes and MSE I'm virus free, but for some reason, every time the computer boots I get an error that states "Windows cannot find 'UpdateTool.exe'. Make Sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." and i have no idea what to do next.

I've looked on the Internet for similar things, but still nothing. I also went into msconfig to see if something there is out of place, but nothing seemed out of order.

Thanks again,
Eli
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about start error updatetool
  1. ilikegirls said:
    My computer seems fine, and according to Malwarebytes and MSE I'm virus free, but for some reason, every time the computer boots I get an error that states "Windows cannot find 'UpdateTool.exe'. Make Sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." and i have no idea what to do next.

    I've looked on the Internet for similar things, but still nothing. I also went into msconfig to see if something there is out of place, but nothing seemed out of order.


    I get the same error message, and on at least one occasion I could not connect to the Internet after getting this message. After rebooting, the error message does not appear, and I can connect to the Internet.

    Please let me know if you find a solution.
  2. Hi Guys you've just got to uninstall origen en re-install it. That was the UpdateTool.exe fix for me.
  3. thijsjiht said:
    Hi Guys you've just got to uninstall origen en re-install it. That was the UpdateTool.exe fix for me.


    Hi-are you talking about Origin? the gaming account? I recently installed that b/c I wanted to play Alice and I started getting the updatetool error msgs after that.
  4. ilikegirls said:
    So this is a relatively new thing,

    My computer seems fine, and according to Malwarebytes and MSE I'm virus free, but for some reason, every time the computer boots I get an error that states "Windows cannot find 'UpdateTool.exe'. Make Sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." and i have no idea what to do next.

    I've looked on the Internet for similar things, but still nothing. I also went into msconfig to see if something there is out of place, but nothing seemed out of order.

    Thanks again,
    Eli


    thijsjiht said:
    Hi Guys you've just got to uninstall origen en re-install it. That was the UpdateTool.exe fix for me.


    uninstall origin and go to http://www.oldversion.com/windows/origin/ to download the old version
  5. I know this is old but no one else had the temp solution I had to find and I'd like to put it out there. Since I couldn't reinstall origin at the time I tried renaming EAProxyInstaller.ext to UpdateTool.exe (I assume it doesn't matter what program just so long as it doesn't create an error) it worked for me until I reinstalled it a week later when I got an internet connection.
  6. RedDragonflyxx said:
    I know this is old but no one else had the temp solution I had to find and I'd like to put it out there. Since I couldn't reinstall origin at the time I tried renaming EAProxyInstaller.ext to UpdateTool.exe (I assume it doesn't matter what program just so long as it doesn't create an error) it worked for me until I reinstalled it a week later when I got an internet connection.


    Did uninstalling it make you lose all of your games?
  7. I had the same problem before, Just download and run Startup Error Fixer. Worked like a charm!
  8. Best answer
    hi.
    I have the solutions: just add in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin" folder a document text renomineted "UpdateTool.exe". VERY IMPORTANT ".EXE"!
    IT WORKS!!! (sorry for english) good luck! :)
  9. Edoardo Villa said:
    hi.
    I have the solutions: just add in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin" folder a document text renomineted "UpdateTool.exe". VERY IMPORTANT ".EXE"!
    IT WORKS!!! (sorry for english) good luck! :)


    TYSM :) :D It worked like a Charm :)
  10. Edoardo Villa said:
    hi.
    I have the solutions: just add in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin" folder a document text renomineted "UpdateTool.exe". VERY IMPORTANT ".EXE"!
    IT WORKS!!! (sorry for english) good luck! :)


    Worked like a charm...Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Windows 7