Program Installer

grey

I am looking for a program to help install/uninstall programs (WinXP Pro
SP1). I am really tired of installing a program, having it go wrong (for
various reasons) and uninstalling it - only to find most of it i.e. registry
entries still on my machine and screwing up and chances of a successful
reinstall. (Are you guys at Pinnacle and Symantec reading this????!!!).

So I need a prog which will start up during an attempted install, keep a
logfile and *completely* remove it when I chose to. I vaguely having
something years ago with Win95, as that was famous for unpredictable
installs.

Any ideas?

Graham

System Mechanic includes a software uninstaller utility.
You can try it free for 30 days.
http://www.iolo.com/sm/5/index.cfm

Details:

Completely uninstall any application
http://www.iolo.com/sm/5/tool.cfm?tool=95&collection=SM

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Grey" wrote:

| I am looking for a program to help install/uninstall programs (WinXP Pro
| SP1). I am really tired of installing a program, having it go wrong (for
| various reasons) and uninstalling it - only to find most of it i.e. registry
| entries still on my machine and screwing up and chances of a successful
| reinstall. (Are you guys at Pinnacle and Symantec reading this????!!!).
|
| So I need a prog which will start up during an attempted install, keep a
| logfile and *completely* remove it when I chose to. I vaguely having
| something years ago with Win95, as that was famous for unpredictable
| installs.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Graham

You want the best uninstaller? Use GoBack 4.01 from Symantec (formally
Roxio).

It takes a snapshot of your system drives at the initiation of a program
install. If anything goes wrong, you can go back to that point and all of
the monitored drives will be "exactly" as they were before you started the
install.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

Quote from: George Ankner

"Grey" <grahame9@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for a program to help install/uninstall programs (WinXP Pro
> SP1). I am really tired of installing a program, having it go wrong (for
> various reasons) and uninstalling it - only to find most of it i.e.
> registry
> entries still on my machine and screwing up and chances of a successful
> reinstall. (Are you guys at Pinnacle and Symantec reading this????!!!).
>
> So I need a prog which will start up during an attempted install, keep a
> logfile and *completely* remove it when I chose to. I vaguely having
> something years ago with Win95, as that was famous for unpredictable
> installs.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Graham

There is nothing that can provide that. Much bally-hoo that there is but
there is not. Sorry. Best thing you can do is not to install anything
you've had problems with in the past. That means anything from that
software mfg. They haven't learned their lesson they never will.

--
George Hester