[Announce] StarLock (unfinshed)

http://www.starlock.com/

I have decided to open StarLock for public sign-ups. It's an online,
browser-based, multiplayer game I started about six years ago, but it has
been such a huge project, I've gone through long periods where I've
completely lost interest in developing it. The game world is huge, and it
was meant to be played in 5 chapters. All but the last quest for Chapters 1
is completed. There are a few stragglers left, from the closed beta last
year, but basically they're just working on buying the best rigs.

There is a daily turn limit, currently, because this was intended to
eventually be a pay-to-play game (with some free time each day for all). I
don't know if that's ever going to happen, unless I redesign it to be just
an ordinary hack-and-slash instead of Interactive Fiction (it's
story-driven) -- or unless I find other people who want to help me develop
it. After all, six years and not done with Chapter 1 of 5 -- not a good
sign.

But the game is large, every location is illustrated (same tools used for
the Trading Punches pics). There is so much that's done and working, anybody
who tries it out will have plenty to do for probably four or five weeks
(especially since your daily turns are limited -- although I might
drastically increase that, if people just want to play around in the game).
No charge. Don't even know if I'm ever going to finish it so I *could*
charge. So feel free to check it out!

http://www.starlock.com/

---- Mike.