HI,

I have a computer that is running sluggish and it's been a long time since
I installed XP Pro, whenever I reinstall XP Pro all I do is put the CD in
the drive and let it boot off the cd and it does everything by itself.

Is there a better way to do a install that will get rid of all the junk
files I have built up over the months. It's been about 14-16 months since I
did my last install.

Thanks in advance

A Clean Install with a format of the hard drive during installation.....BUT
this also erases every program/file you have on that hard drive...so be
prepared to reinstall all programs and safe what you want/need to
beforehand.Then come all those lovely updates that need to be redone....
peterk

the problem
"Just Me" <no@isp,com> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I have a computer that is running sluggish and it's been a long time
> since
> I installed XP Pro, whenever I reinstall XP Pro all I do is put the CD in
> the drive and let it boot off the cd and it does everything by itself.
>
> Is there a better way to do a install that will get rid of all the junk
> files I have built up over the months. It's been about 14-16 months since
> did my last install.
>

> Thanks in advance

Road_Runner

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

Hi ... Have a view at this websites below

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

"Just Me" <no@isp,com> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I have a computer that is running sluggish and it's been a long time
> since
> I installed XP Pro, whenever I reinstall XP Pro all I do is put the CD in
> the drive and let it boot off the cd and it does everything by itself.
>
> Is there a better way to do a install that will get rid of all the junk
> files I have built up over the months. It's been about 14-16 months since
> did my last install.
>

> Thanks in advance

"Just Me" <no@isp,com> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I have a computer that is running sluggish and it's been a long time
> since
> I installed XP Pro, whenever I reinstall XP Pro all I do is put the CD in
> the drive and let it boot off the cd and it does everything by itself.
>
> Is there a better way to do a install that will get rid of all the junk
> files I have built up over the months. It's been about 14-16 months since
> did my last install.
>

> Thanks in advance

Restore points?

Huh?

> Huh?
> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
>>
>> "Just Me" <no@isp,com> wrote in message
>> > HI,
>> >
>> > I have a computer that is running sluggish and it's been a long time
>> > since
>> > I installed XP Pro, whenever I reinstall XP Pro all I do is put the CD
> in
>> > the drive and let it boot off the cd and it does everything by itself.
>> >
>> > Is there a better way to do a install that will get rid of all the junk
>> > files I have built up over the months. It's been about 14-16 months
> since
>> > did my last install.
>> >

>> > Thanks in advance
>> >

>> Restore points?

Look in Windows help system. Using restore points it may be that you can
return your computer to an earlier point and not need to reinstall. Look for
Using system restore to undo changes.