Sign in with
Your question

Free android phones without contractg

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
August 4, 2011 9:24:51 PM

I need a android phone with no contract with unlimited talk text web
a b Ë Android
August 8, 2011 4:54:22 PM

the only unlimited talk/text plans i know of are plan only. as for unlimited web i believe sprint is the only one offering such a plan, the other providers are tiered.

if you do not want to be tied to a contractual plan then you have the option of either signing up for a month-to month (pay as you go) plan with a large provider or signing up for a month-to month plan with a small provider (if they even offer androids yet.... not sure if they do) like boost mobile, tracfone, etcetera. you are only limited by how much you spend.

m
l
a b Ë Android
August 24, 2011 5:55:54 AM

There's Virgin Mobile and Boost. Both are on the Sprint network. I plan to switch over to Virgin when my Verizon contract ends.

They do not have free phones though. You buy whatever phone that interests you, then pick a plan. On Virgin Mobile I think a $35 plan has 350 minutes and a $45 plan has 1200 minutes. The unlimited plan should be $55.

For "limited" plans, as long as you have at least 1 minute remaining for the month, you should have unlimited text and data for the remainder of the month. So if you have a 350 minute plan, you can talk your head off for 349 minutes on the 1st day of your month and continue to send/receive text and use data for the remainder of the month. Unless of course you use up that last minute.
m
l
Related resources
August 24, 2011 9:11:04 AM

Tmobile has one with no contract, unlimited everything for ~70 a month but you have to buy your phone.. The point of them giving you discounts on phones is because your doing the contract
m
l
August 26, 2011 3:53:18 AM

jaguarskx said:
There's Virgin Mobile and Boost. Both are on the Sprint network. I plan to switch over to Virgin when my Verizon contract ends.

They do not have free phones though. You buy whatever phone that interests you, then pick a plan. On Virgin Mobile I think a $35 plan has 350 minutes and a $45 plan has 1200 minutes. The unlimited plan should be $55.

For "limited" plans, as long as you have at least 1 minute remaining for the month, you should have unlimited text and data for the remainder of the month. So if you have a 350 minute plan, you can talk your head off for 349 minutes on the 1st day of your month and continue to send/receive text and use data for the remainder of the month. Unless of course you use up that last minute.

I just wanted to add to what you said. 1st, good move on switching to Virgin Mobile! I have been with them for a year and absolutely love them! I've tried every single one of their phones with the exception of the Samsung Intercept and the new Motorola Triumph. I can honestly say that their best smart phone is the Blackberry Curve 8530. Yes, it is 3G! I found the Android phones annoying because you can't close apps with 1 click. Open apps = terrible battery life. You can with a Blackberry. I have to have a physical qwerty keyboard so the Blackberry is a perfect phone. Bottom line? You really can't go wrong with Virgin Mobile!
m
l
!