Freelancer Multiplayer Lan Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

So I can't join my own server using the LAN option, I need to use the
Internet option. I'm just wondering how to get around this minor detail.

It's just that when I use the internet option, the ip address shows up
correctly: 192.168.0.102 (btw, i'm using a dlink router)

HOWEVER

when I click the LAN option, the ip address is instead shown as
fe80::211:d8ff:fe25:403b
this does not allow me to join my own server, and confuses me greatly.

any advice/help would be appreciated thanks!

muscles_49

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

Have you figured out what the issue with the IP change in Freelancer? I have had the same thing happen to me running the game with windows 7. This never happened with windows XP.