blue screen problems

ok i actually got 2 questions for u guys.

first, whenever i try to run benchies or anything with any program on my ram it gets a blue screen error and at the bottom says phyiscal memory dump......

second, i dont believe i can run dual channel on my mobo (IBM modded i865g) but im not sure. how do i check this? and if i got two ballistix of mem and tried to run them in dual channel with a non dual channel compliant mobo what would happen?

2.8b (533 FSB)
6800nu

"Freeze, your under arrest for the murder of Moe Sislack and Apu Nahasapasa...OK nevermind, just moe, just moe."
2 answers Last reply
More about blue screen problems
  1. First thing, I find it hard to believe IBM would pay extra for the i865 and disable dual-channel, since there's an identicle chipset with dual-channel disabled that cost less (the 848).

Second, I'm not sure what ratios are available, but I believe the fastest your board will run the memory with a 533 bus P4 is at PC2700 speed, so you don't need top quality PC3200 to get there.

Having said that, Ballistix PC3200 would be ideal if you have a future CPU upgrade in mind and are simply trying to upgrade the RAM first.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  2. i do plan on upgrading to a nforce4 board and a64 cpu by the end of 05 and am trying to upgrade part by part so i dont have a 1000 bill at the end of the month. i have 2 ram chips in the 1st and 3rd slot, both being pc2700 ram, and under cpuz it says single channel. although my cas latencies are lower than i thought they still run performance mode under single channel. i would like to get 2 bllistix memory modules so i can have a great system running by the end of 05

"Freeze, your under arrest for the murder of Moe Sislack and Apu Nahasapasa...OK nevermind, just moe, just moe."
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Dual Channel Blue Screen