.dll files identified as adware

I have Nortons AntiVirus 2005. Norton's says that I have adware but when I ok
the deletion of it Norton's is unable to delete it. I try to delete it
manually but still cannot delete.... what can I do now?
2 answers Last reply
More about files identified adware

    livia1881 wrote:
    > I have Nortons AntiVirus 2005. Norton's says that I have adware but
    > when I ok the deletion of it Norton's is unable to delete it. I try
    > to delete it manually but still cannot delete.... what can I do now?

    What is the full name of the .dll?

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    Hi,

    If it's in active use, then the file cannot be deleted. Norton may or may
    not be correct in its assessment of the file (knowing the name of it would
    help). But, in either case, you will likely need to run the scan in Safe
    mode for the file and other suspect entries to be removed.

    How to start in Safe mode:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "livia1881" <livia1881@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Nortons AntiVirus 2005. Norton's says that I have adware but when I
    >ok
    > the deletion of it Norton's is unable to delete it. I try to delete it
    > manually but still cannot delete.... what can I do now?

Norton Microsoft Antivirus DLL Windows XP