Sign in with
Your question

L226WA REVIEW?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 21, 2007 12:24:56 AM

Hi,

I just bought an LG L226WA (not WT) from futureshop (Canada) and I cant find any review for this monitor.

I'd really like to see a review or comments from somoene who tried it.

thanks

Bluck

More about : l226wa review

April 21, 2007 1:27:22 AM

Those are the stats from LG :
http://ca.lge.com/

This looks great, but what about backlight bleeds and ...?

SPECS :
Display Area :22W
Maximum Resolution :1680 x 1050
Video Aspect Ratio :16:10
Brightness :300 nits
Viewing Angle :170/160
Response Time :2ms GTG
Surface Treatment :AG(3H)
PC Input / Output :D -Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, PC Audio Out, Jack Position - Rear
Video Input / Output :Component (Video Only), Jack Position - Back
Horizontal Frequency :30 ~ 83 KhZ
Vertical Frequency :56 ~ 75 hZ
Shipping Weight :6.4 kg
Tilt/Swivel/Base :Yes
Power Consumption :45 W
Panel Type and Size :TN
Regulation Compliance :TCO03, UL(cUL), TUV-GS, SEMKO, FCC-B, CE, EPA, VESA Mounting (100 x 100)
Contrast Ratio :D FC 3000:1
Power Switch Type :LIPS
Dimensions with Base (WxHxD) :501.7 x 423.5 x 233.9
Weight :Set - 5.65 kg / Box - 6.4kg
f-Engine :Yes
Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD) :571 x 415 x 193
Stand :Stand Alone, Base detachable, Tilt, Swivel
Cabinet Colour :Black
April 25, 2007 3:47:26 PM

Went to Best Buy to buy the Samsung 226bw but all they had were the panel C models. The other 22 they had was the lg 226WT so I bit the bullet and got it.

The set up was very easy and calibration was flawless. I play WoW and was blown away at the diffrence between this and my CRT. I only play games so I can not rate this for anything but gaming but so far ..one word....

AWESOME...

I am so happy I went with this monitor instead of playing the Samsung panel game...

The other thing was I was thinking about doing was going with a 19" since they did not have the S Panel in the samsung, but I remember all the post I read about how people loved the 22" so I went with it... Man what a difference the extra real estate makes..if you are thinking of 19 0r 22 and play games ... the choice is simply... 22' or bust.

The only thing negative about this monitor( besides it being $50.00 more the the Samsung) is that mine DID NOT come with a DVI. This was a real bummer at first because I had to go back out and get the cable.

However I will tell you what I told my guildies. If I knew how good the new monitor was going to be I would have been willing to spend twice as much money.. Its that good to me...

I give this monitor a 10 and recommend it for anyone that is into gaming...
!