Office 2003 stopped!

I had a problem and had to repair XP using the XP Pro installation CD.
Since doing so my Office 2003 Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps won't open.
I get a message saying 'MS Word has not been installed for the current user,
please run setup'.
If I try to run setup from my Office CD, I get a message saying that the
Patch package could not be opened, verify that the patch package exist and
that you can open it.
So I'm stuck!
Please can someone help?
Thank you

---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound Guaranteed virus free.
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-2, 08/07/2005
Tested on: 10/07/2005 05:01:48
More about office 2003 stopped

    Hi,

    You receive the "This patch package could not be opened" error message in
    Office 2003, in Office XP, or in Office 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=295823

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Barney" <Barney@spam-me-not.com> wrote in message
    >I had a problem and had to repair XP using the XP Pro installation CD.
    >Since doing so my Office 2003 Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps won't open.
    > I get a message saying 'MS Word has not been installed for the current
    > user, please run setup'.
    > If I try to run setup from my Office CD, I get a message saying that the
    > Patch package could not be opened, verify that the patch package exist and
    > that you can open it.
    > So I'm stuck!
    > Please can someone help?
    > Thank you
    >

    > ---
    > avast! Antivirus: Outbound Guaranteed virus free.
    > Virus Database (VPS): 0527-2, 08/07/2005
    > Tested on: 10/07/2005 05:01:48

Office Windows XP