ok I follewed every help file on volume i got to the speech etc, and did the
microphone configuration
but this is something I don't know what to do with.
When I had windows 98 it picked up all my mics fine without any issues and i
was able to hear my voice, I use professional mics. Ok the issue is The only
way I can hear my voice recording or other wise is to make my hand like a cup
over the head of the mic and Speak or Just talk or sing etc really loud! What
can I do to solve this?

Every Volumn Slider is UP TO THE MAX!

This is a new mic and i've tried out my old mics and the same thing happens!
these mics work perfectly on the other equipment i have here so whats the
problem?
anyone can help?

"Stella Vibes" <Stella Vibes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok I follewed every help file on volume i got to the speech etc, and did
> the
> microphone configuration
> but this is something I don't know what to do with.
> When I had windows 98 it picked up all my mics fine without any issues and
> was able to hear my voice, I use professional mics. Ok the issue is The
> only
> way I can hear my voice recording or other wise is to make my hand like a
> cup
> over the head of the mic and Speak or Just talk or sing etc really loud!
> What
> can I do to solve this?
>
> Every Volumn Slider is UP TO THE MAX!
>
> This is a new mic and i've tried out my old mics and the same thing
> happens!
> these mics work perfectly on the other equipment i have here so whats the
> problem?
> anyone can help?

Since you say things worked with your previous OS, have you tried
installing the latest XP drivers for your sound card ?.

rgds
Li'l Roberto

Hi

I might be wrong but I have the impression you may have got confused between
'record' and 'play'.

I only have a simple sound card (Sound Blaster) but there are two main
windows to be configured 'record' and 'play'

I can increase the volume of 'play ' but if the recording was done with the
pick up volume of the micro too low, no matter how much I increase the
volume afterwards, I'll get very little sound.

Could this be your problem?

Good luck

Dave Neve
"Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
OiSoMPThFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> "Stella Vibes" <Stella Vibes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> ok I follewed every help file on volume i got to the speech etc, and did
>> the
>> microphone configuration
>> but this is something I don't know what to do with.
>> When I had windows 98 it picked up all my mics fine without any issues
>> and i
>> was able to hear my voice, I use professional mics. Ok the issue is The
>> only
>> way I can hear my voice recording or other wise is to make my hand like a
>> cup
>> over the head of the mic and Speak or Just talk or sing etc really loud!
>> What
>> can I do to solve this?
>>
>> Every Volumn Slider is UP TO THE MAX!
>>
>> This is a new mic and i've tried out my old mics and the same thing
>> happens!
>> these mics work perfectly on the other equipment i have here so whats the
>> problem?
>> anyone can help?
>
> Since you say things worked with your previous OS, have you tried
> installing the latest XP drivers for your sound card ?.
>
> rgds
> Li'l Roberto

I recently got this computer 1 month ago shouldn't it already have the most
up to date drivers for my sound card?

"Li'l Roberto" wrote:

> "Stella Vibes" <Stella Vibes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok I follewed every help file on volume i got to the speech etc, and did
> > the
> > microphone configuration
> > but this is something I don't know what to do with.
> > When I had windows 98 it picked up all my mics fine without any issues and
> > was able to hear my voice, I use professional mics. Ok the issue is The
> > only
> > way I can hear my voice recording or other wise is to make my hand like a
> > cup
> > over the head of the mic and Speak or Just talk or sing etc really loud!
> > What
> > can I do to solve this?
> >
> > Every Volumn Slider is UP TO THE MAX!
> >
> > This is a new mic and i've tried out my old mics and the same thing
> > happens!
> > these mics work perfectly on the other equipment i have here so whats the
> > problem?
> > anyone can help?
>
> Since you say things worked with your previous OS, have you tried
> installing the latest XP drivers for your sound card ?.
>
> rgds
> Li'l Roberto

nope thats not my problem, i'm not new to using the mic on the computer the
recording volumn is all the way up and so is the playback volumn.

"Dave Neve" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I might be wrong but I have the impression you may have got confused between
> 'record' and 'play'.
>
> I only have a simple sound card (Sound Blaster) but there are two main
> windows to be configured 'record' and 'play'
>
> I can increase the volume of 'play ' but if the recording was done with the
> pick up volume of the micro too low, no matter how much I increase the
> volume afterwards, I'll get very little sound.
>
> Could this be your problem?
>
> Good luck
>
> Dave Neve
> "Li'l Roberto" <whoisit@nospam.invalid.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
> OiSoMPThFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > "Stella Vibes" <Stella Vibes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> ok I follewed every help file on volume i got to the speech etc, and did
> >> the
> >> microphone configuration
> >> but this is something I don't know what to do with.
> >> When I had windows 98 it picked up all my mics fine without any issues
> >> and i
> >> was able to hear my voice, I use professional mics. Ok the issue is The
> >> only
> >> way I can hear my voice recording or other wise is to make my hand like a
> >> cup
> >> over the head of the mic and Speak or Just talk or sing etc really loud!
> >> What
> >> can I do to solve this?
> >>
> >> Every Volumn Slider is UP TO THE MAX!
> >>
> >> This is a new mic and i've tried out my old mics and the same thing
> >> happens!
> >> these mics work perfectly on the other equipment i have here so whats the
> >> problem?
> >> anyone can help?
> >
> > Since you say things worked with your previous OS, have you tried
> > installing the latest XP drivers for your sound card ?.
> >
> > rgds
> > Li'l Roberto

It could be that the correct one was "updated" to the incorrect driver,
giving the problem you see. Or perhaps there is a problem with the jack
the microphone plugs into. If only a month old, I would be calling the
vendor and ask.

Stella Vibes wrote:

> I recently got this computer 1 month ago shouldn't it already have the most
> up to date drivers for my sound card?
>
> "Li'l Roberto" wrote:
>

>>"Stella Vibes" <Stella Vibes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>ok I follewed every help file on volume i got to the speech etc, and did
>>>the
>>>microphone configuration
>>>but this is something I don't know what to do with.
>>>When I had windows 98 it picked up all my mics fine without any issues and
>>>was able to hear my voice, I use professional mics. Ok the issue is The
>>>only
>>>way I can hear my voice recording or other wise is to make my hand like a
>>>cup
>>>over the head of the mic and Speak or Just talk or sing etc really loud!
>>>What
>>>can I do to solve this?
>>>
>>>Every Volumn Slider is UP TO THE MAX!
>>>
>>>This is a new mic and i've tried out my old mics and the same thing
>>>happens!
>>>these mics work perfectly on the other equipment i have here so whats the
>>>problem?
>>>anyone can help?
>>
>>Since you say things worked with your previous OS, have you tried
>>installing the latest XP drivers for your sound card ?.
>>
>>rgds
>>Li'l Roberto

Its a Sony V100 series mic
I checked the driver for updates and the like but it says its the most up to
date one
Is there a way I can hook the mic up to a box (Speaker, etc) then from that
device to the computer?

"Bob I" wrote:

> It could be that the correct one was "updated" to the incorrect driver,
> giving the problem you see. Or perhaps there is a problem with the jack
> the microphone plugs into. If only a month old, I would be calling the
> vendor and ask.
>
> Stella Vibes wrote:
>
> > I recently got this computer 1 month ago shouldn't it already have the most
> > up to date drivers for my sound card?
> >
> > "Li'l Roberto" wrote:
> >

> >>"Stella Vibes" <Stella Vibes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >>Since you say things worked with your previous OS, have you tried
> >>installing the latest XP drivers for your sound card ?.
> >>
> >>rgds
> >>Li'l Roberto

Inline

Stella Vibes wrote:

> Its a Sony V100 series mic
> I checked the driver for updates and the like but it says its the most up to
> date one
> Is there a way I can hook the mic up to a box (Speaker, etc) then from that
> device to the computer?

No that isn't how microphones connect. If you have it plugged into the
microphone port and not the line in port, and it is not working, CALL
the SONY tech support.

> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>It could be that the correct one was "updated" to the incorrect driver,
>>giving the problem you see. Or perhaps there is a problem with the jack
>>the microphone plugs into. If only a month old, I would be calling the
>>vendor and ask.
>>
>>Stella Vibes wrote:
>>

>>>I recently got this computer 1 month ago shouldn't it already have the most
>>>up to date drivers for my sound card?

Its not a desktop microphone. I have it hooked up to the mic port, The mic is
new and like I posted before I have used it on other systems and it worked.
What I was trying to find out if there is a way I can plug it into an device
that I usually use the mic for and hook it up to the computer so it reads
from the device?
I'm not getting the answers to my questions here it seems I'll have to find
out a way or order something else.

> Inline
>
> Stella Vibes wrote:
>
>> Its a Sony V100 series mic
>> I checked the driver for updates and the like but it says its the most up
>> to date one
>> Is there a way I can hook the mic up to a box (Speaker, etc) then from
>> that device to the computer?
>
> No that isn't how microphones connect. If you have it plugged into the
> microphone port and not the line in port, and it is not working, CALL the
> SONY tech support.
>

>> "Bob I" wrote:

Stella
Try a different mic since you are positive that one works and the
latest drivers are installed, [in my initial response to you I assumed
incorrectly that you had installed XP on the win98 system, hence my
advice to update the sound drivers] .
All things considered it could be your sound interface is the
problem.

rgds
Li'l Roberto

I believe so, yesterday I tested the mic on my friend's systems Linux, and
windows 98 and it worked without me having to yell or keep the mic in my mouth
I've been trying to figure out what I can do about it but no luck so far

"Li'l Roberto" wrote:

> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Inline
> >
> > Stella Vibes wrote:
> >
> >> Its a Sony V100 series mic
> >> I checked the driver for updates and the like but it says its the most up
> >> to date one
> >> Is there a way I can hook the mic up to a box (Speaker, etc) then from
> >> that device to the computer?
> >
> > No that isn't how microphones connect. If you have it plugged into the
> > microphone port and not the line in port, and it is not working, CALL the
> > SONY tech support.
> >

> >> "Bob I" wrote:
>
> Stella
> Try a different mic since you are positive that one works and the
> latest drivers are installed, [in my initial response to you I assumed
> incorrectly that you had installed XP on the win98 system, hence my
> advice to update the sound drivers] .
> All things considered it could be your sound interface is the
> problem.
>
> rgds
> Li'l Roberto

Stella,

Did you get your problem solved?
I have exactly similar problem.
I have tried all the hints given in these discussion groups. No success.
My computer is with AMD processor, Windows XP Home Edition SP2, sound card
is C-media AC97 (Driver has been updated). Tried with three different
microphones which work woth old computer (Win98).
Please, any new hints are appreciated.

"Stella Vibes" wrote:

> I believe so, yesterday I tested the mic on my friend's systems Linux, and
> windows 98 and it worked without me having to yell or keep the mic in my mouth
> I've been trying to figure out what I can do about it but no luck so far
>
> "Li'l Roberto" wrote:
>

> > "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > No that isn't how microphones connect. If you have it plugged into the
> > > microphone port and not the line in port, and it is not working, CALL the
> > > SONY tech support.

> > Stella
> > Try a different mic since you are positive that one works and the
> > latest drivers are installed, [in my initial response to you I assumed
> > incorrectly that you had installed XP on the win98 system, hence my
> > advice to update the sound drivers] .
> > All things considered it could be your sound interface is the
> > problem.
> >
> > rgds
> > Li'l Roberto

its sad I didnt get any solutions :(, I'm starting to believe xp doesnt run
professional mics, so I use my mic on my windows 200 pc

"porin poika" wrote:

> Stella,
>
> Did you get your problem solved?
> I have exactly similar problem.
> I have tried all the hints given in these discussion groups. No success.
> My computer is with AMD processor, Windows XP Home Edition SP2, sound card
> is C-media AC97 (Driver has been updated). Tried with three different
> microphones which work woth old computer (Win98).
> Please, any new hints are appreciated.
>
> "Stella Vibes" wrote:
>
> > I believe so, yesterday I tested the mic on my friend's systems Linux, and
> > windows 98 and it worked without me having to yell or keep the mic in my mouth
> > I've been trying to figure out what I can do about it but no luck so far
> >
> > "Li'l Roberto" wrote:
> >

> > > "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > Stella
> > > Try a different mic since you are positive that one works and the
> > > latest drivers are installed, [in my initial response to you I assumed
> > > incorrectly that you had installed XP on the win98 system, hence my
> > > advice to update the sound drivers] .
> > > All things considered it could be your sound interface is the
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > rgds
> > > Li'l Roberto

I found a hint in the other discussion group in the link below:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57613

after trying everything yalamo assumes that the microphone preamplifier is
bad.
I am also considering option 2 (or 3).