Need to Monitor Time Online

Hello:

As many gamers are aware, the sport is addicting. I am the mother of a
teenage boy who spends 5 hours at a time on the PC gaming. It has extended
into the wee hours of the morning now that school is out and I'm looking for
two things:

1. A way to track the time he spends playing a particular program. With
this data I can try to reason with him that he may need help managing
himself his time.
2. A program that automaticall shuts off the PC within time periods that
the user specifies. I had tried a program like this last year, but it
crashed the computer more than once by corrupting system files.

Any suggestions on how to help someone establish reasonable time boundaries
for PC use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about need monitor time online

    I've replied in the XP Games newsgroup. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6B26F0-BA92-4D71-98F8-B24344D534D7@microsoft.com...
    | Hello:
    |
    | As many gamers are aware, the sport is addicting. I am the mother of a
    | teenage boy who spends 5 hours at a time on the PC gaming. It has extended
    | into the wee hours of the morning now that school is out and I'm looking for
    | two things:
    |
    | 1. A way to track the time he spends playing a particular program. With
    | this data I can try to reason with him that he may need help managing
    | himself his time.
    | 2. A program that automaticall shuts off the PC within time periods that
    | the user specifies. I had tried a program like this last year, but it
    | crashed the computer more than once by corrupting system files.
    |
    | Any suggestions on how to help someone establish reasonable time boundaries
    | for PC use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Monitors Video Games