Novell BorderManager VPN Client for Windows

Last response: in Networking
July 12, 2004 1:13:59 AM

Installed a Broadband M-720 wireless G card on my company
notebook computer and base station wireless G on my
windows 98 desktop.

With Novell BorderManager VPN Client for Windows on my
notebook, I can no longer log on to my company VPN,
getting an error saying the "failed authenticating user"

Anyone with any advice to get reconnected to my VPN?
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 9:47:57 AM

Best suggestion is to check with yout company IT department and see if
specific ports need to be opened and then forward the ports.

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:13:59 -0700, "DaveW"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

How do you forward the ports? Using Windows XP pro.

Thanks...

Anonymous
July 12, 2004 5:30:28 PM

Open the admin page with your web browser http://192.168.2.1 , Security,
Persistent Port Forwarding (from memory). And forward the correct ports IT
advises you to use to the 192.168.2.x IP of the computer you are using. If
you post the info you get back from your IT folks here, you'l get more
specific help.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist