Sign in with
Your question

Monitor Questions

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 22, 2007 5:39:24 AM

First off I would like to compare 3 monitors, 1 I can't find anymore.

1) ViewSonic VX922
2) ViewSonic 2025WM ( Can't seem to find anywhere )
3) Samsung 906BW

I would like to know what the advantages over one another or the +'s and -'s of each one are.

I mainly wanna use dual monitor and use my main monitor for a bit of everything gaming, office apps, txt etc., and my secondary monitor mainly everything except gaming. Maybe even possibly trip monitor for better viewing the 2 sides maybe wide screen's or something.

So I mainly need advice and suggestions on a new monitor setup, within no smaller then 19" and no bigger then 24". With a budget of $300-350 a monitor at the most, less the better. But my main monitor could possibly be more if it's worth the price.

Any advice / suggestions / comments very much appreciated. Storm~

More about : monitor questions

May 11, 2007 2:45:18 AM

Bump, Does anyone have any comments or suggestions to my question, my computer's been doing for past few weeks so that's why its been awhile.

Thanks for any help. Storm~
a c 195 C Monitor
May 11, 2007 3:43:48 AM

Quote:
First off I would like to compare 3 monitors, 1 I can't find anymore.

1) ViewSonic VX922
2) ViewSonic 2025WM ( Can't seem to find anywhere )
3) Samsung 906BW

The ViewSonic VX922 and the Samsung 906BW both use 6-bit TN panel technologies. TN panels are the least expensive type of LCD panel. Great for gaming because of low response times. But they have bad color accuracy, viewing angles, are more prone to show video artifacts when watching movies. They generally have more color gradient banding issues than of type of LCD panel technology.

The ViewSonic 2025WM is no longer in production which is why you cannot find it anywhere. It used an 8-bit P-MVA panel which is better and more expensive than TN panels, unless you are a gamer. While response times are not as fast as TN panels (6ms is the fastest non TN panels can get), in all other respects the P-MVA panel (S-PVA and S-IPS panels too) is better and generally more expensive.

All 22" LCD uses 6-bit TN panels.

All 24" LCD and larger uses 8-bit P-MVA, S-PVA, or S-IPS panels.

All other sizes can be a mix of the above mentioned panel types.

Here's a link for more LCD panel info:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/specs.htm
!