Guru help needed

Hi Folks,

Need some advice here. I am looking to match my present 512 mB pc2700 memory stick so i can go dual channel on my GA-81PE1000 PRO G MB and Im not quite sure how close I have to match it so i dont have too many problems.

Here is the output from CPU-Z concerning my present stick (which i cant find the exact match for anywhere) any suggestions on a stick that's close enough would be very appreciated.

CPU-Z output:

Module Size 512 MBytes
Max Bandwidth: pc2700 (166Mhz)
Manufacturer: AMD

SPD timing tables:
Frequency 133MHZ 166MHZ
CAS#Latency 2.0 2.5
RAS# to CAS# 3 3
RAS Precharge 3 3
TRAS# 6 7

Not registered
Unbuffered
No ECC

I would rather try to match this stick than replace it with 2 identical sticks for $$ reasons. ANy help or advice would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about guru needed
  1. Any of the value RAM from Crucial, Kingston, or Corsair will do just fine. Try to match the timings though, if you buy a lower latency stick than is already in there, it will match the lower rated stick in BIOS. As long as it's a quality stick of RAM with matching or nearly matching qualities (you could get pc3200 or better if you wanted to) it should work fine.

----------------------------------------------------
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (stock)//1GB Corsair 3200XL//ATI Radeon 9700Pro (360/335)//WD Raptor 74GB/Antec Neopower 480W//Lian Li PC-61 Custom
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory