Need Software to Monitor Time Online

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 25, 2005 11:21:02 AM

Hello:

As many gamers are aware, the sport is addicting. I am the mother of a
teenage boy who spends 5 hours at a time onthe PC gaming. It has extended
into the wee hours of the morning now that school is out and I'm looking for
two things:

1. A way to track the time he spends playing a particular program. With
this data I can try to reason with him that he may need help managing his
time.
2. A program that automatically shuts off the PC within time periods that
the user specifies. I had tried a program like this last year, but it
crashed the computer more than once by corrupting system files.

Any suggestions on how to help someone establish reasonable time boundaries
for PC use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
June 25, 2005 4:18:23 PM

Deb,

You might want to do a Google search on either Automatic Shutdown and/or
Limit Time to see what you get. I'm pretty sure I've seen someone mention
that kind of software.

"Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> As many gamers are aware, the sport is addicting. I am the mother of a
> teenage boy who spends 5 hours at a time onthe PC gaming. It has extended
> into the wee hours of the morning now that school is out and I'm looking
> for
> two things:
>
> 1. A way to track the time he spends playing a particular program. With
> this data I can try to reason with him that he may need help managing his
> time.
> 2. A program that automatically shuts off the PC within time periods that
> the user specifies. I had tried a program like this last year, but it
> crashed the computer more than once by corrupting system files.
>
> Any suggestions on how to help someone establish reasonable time
> boundaries
> for PC use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
July 10, 2005 1:31:32 AM

Auto shutdown software??

just go into his room and turn the computer off. maybe u cud suggest he go
out with friends instead of just playing his computer.

news:o nV#lqbeFHA.3160@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...