Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site

When i start to download i keep getting this message
"Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The
requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
again later."
Can some kind souls please help me out? thanks

--
pc idiot
pc idiot's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=1367

    What site?

    It may be down or have relocated and may have nothing to do with you or your
    system.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "pc idiot" <pc.idiot.1rya8a@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

    > When i start to download i keep getting this message
    > "Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The
    > requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
    > again later."
    > Can some kind souls please help me out? thanks
    >

    > --
    > pc idiot
    > pc idiot's Profile:
    > http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=1367
    > View this thread:
    > http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/showthread.phtml?t=208841

    Hi

    Is the problem with all downloads or with one specific file? The file could
    have been deleted or moved from that site and the links haven't been
    updated.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "pc idiot" <pc.idiot.1rya8a@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

    > When i start to download i keep getting this message
    > "Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The
    > requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
    > again later."
    > Can some kind souls please help me out? thanks
    >

    > --
    > pc idiot
    > pc idiot's Profile:
    > http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=1367
    > View this thread:
    > http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/showthread.phtml?t=208841

    "pc idiot" <pc.idiot.1rya8a@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

    > When i start to download i keep getting this message
    > "Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The
    > requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
    > again later."
    > Can some kind souls please help me out? thanks
    >

    > --
    > pc idiot

    check your hosts file, it might have entries put into it to block those
    sites, comment it [them] out by putting a # at the start of the line.

    You can file the hosts file here C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

    Note: hosts has no extension - open it with a text editor like Notepad.

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

Internet Explorer Internet Windows XP