Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site

When i start to download i keep getting this message
"Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The
requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
again later."
Can some kind souls please help me out? thanks

--
pc idiot
pc idiot's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=1367

What site?

It may be down or have relocated and may have nothing to do with you or your
system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"pc idiot" <pc.idiot.1rya8a@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

> When i start to download i keep getting this message
> "Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The
> requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
> again later."
> Can some kind souls please help me out? thanks
>

> --
> pc idiot
> pc idiot's Profile:
> http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=1367
> View this thread:
> http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/showthread.phtml?t=208841

Hi

Is the problem with all downloads or with one specific file? The file could
have been deleted or moved from that site and the links haven't been
updated.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"pc idiot" <pc.idiot.1rya8a@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

> When i start to download i keep getting this message
> "Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The
> requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
> again later."
> Can some kind souls please help me out? thanks
>

> --
> pc idiot
> pc idiot's Profile:
> http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=1367
> View this thread:
> http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/showthread.phtml?t=208841

"pc idiot" <pc.idiot.1rya8a@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

> When i start to download i keep getting this message
> "Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The
> requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
> again later."
> Can some kind souls please help me out? thanks
>

> --
> pc idiot

check your hosts file, it might have entries put into it to block those
sites, comment it [them] out by putting a # at the start of the line.

You can file the hosts file here C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Note: hosts has no extension - open it with a text editor like Notepad.

rgds
Li'l Roberto