cheyenne

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005

I needed to restructure my question: How do I find out what information
exists in deleted files that were put into the recycle bin by someone who was
using my computer?

twanny

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2005

Open the Recycle Bin, Right-Click the File or Folder you need, and Click
Restore.
If you want the file restored to an alternative location, highlight it, then
chose EDIT/Move to Folder... from the Top ToolBar Menu.
Then go to the folder and check its context: you can always delete it again
if you don't need it.
--
Twanny

"Cheyenne" wrote:

> I needed to restructure my question: How do I find out what information
> exists in deleted files that were put into the recycle bin by someone who was
> using my computer?

twanny

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2005

....by the way Cheyenne - you don't need to open an New Post when editing the
former. Just insert any corrections in the original under your own name.
--
Twanny

"Cheyenne" wrote:

> I needed to restructure my question: How do I find out what information
> exists in deleted files that were put into the recycle bin by someone who was
> using my computer?

Malke

Twanny wrote:

> ...by the way Cheyenne - you don't need to open an New Post when
> editing the former. Just insert any corrections in the original under
> your own name.

Thanks for that, Twanny. I just spent time answering his/her previous
post just to come down a bit and find this other one. It's because
s/he's using the stupid web interface. Cheyenne - first, check your
other post for my answer and second, learn to a real newsreader instead
of the awful web interface. Here is information about that to help you:

Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
but you can use Outlook Express since you already have it. Here are
some links to information about newsgroups:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting