FunReader games (Sonja, Study In Spain, etc.) - Where are ..

FunEducation.com offers for free download several "Interactive Books"
that work with the "FunReader". The game Sonja is actually listed on
many download sites, but all the links I've found are to the
FunEducation site.

Problem? They're not there. Everything on the site seems to work but
the download links. I've emailed that site some time ago, and also
BrightEducation.com (same company) and gotten no responses.

Does ANYBODY know either what happened or at least where these games
can be found?

JohnnyMrNinja wrote:
> FunEducation.com offers for free download several "Interactive Books"
> that work with the "FunReader". The game Sonja is actually listed on
> many download sites, but all the links I've found are to the
> FunEducation site.
>
> Problem? They're not there. Everything on the site seems to work but
> the download links. I've emailed that site some time ago, and also
> BrightEducation.com (same company) and gotten no responses.
>
> Does ANYBODY know either what happened or at least where these games
> can be found?

I'm not sure what you mean about the download sites not working. I clicked on one of the 'download now' links and it took me to a login screen which asked for my ID and password. I did not set up an account, so I couldn't proceed any farther. But that procedure isn't unusual for download sites and I wouldn't call it 'not working'.

Oh, I signed up. When you sign up and sign in it gives you
http://www.funeducation.com/downloads/sonja.exe which is the same URL
you can find as ZDNet and others. it comes up with "The page you
requested has either been moved or does not exist." I tried deleting
cookies & history too, no luck.

It is not terribly important, but it is just odd to find out that a
company was distributing educational IF games that I'd never heard of,
and by the time I did they'd dissapeared completely. I was at least
hoping someone might have a copy of one of them.

JohnnyMrNinja wrote:
> Oh, I signed up. When you sign up and sign in it gives you
> http://www.funeducation.com/downloads/sonja.exe which is the same URL
> you can find as ZDNet and others. it comes up with "The page you
> requested has either been moved or does not exist." I tried deleting
> cookies & history too, no luck.

The games appear to be no longer available. Neither ZDNet and Download.com
have locally stored copies of these games. The /downloads/ folder no longer
exists either on their main site or on the mirrors.

You should email them to see if they will supply you with a copy.

HTH,
Jon Ripley
--
http://jonripley.com/