MN-100 Security

I purchased the wired base station mn-100 a while back
and ive been recently had to disconnect from my router to
be able to play network games with some friends online.
i've been trying to disable the firewall on it and when i
looked at the help file for disabling the firewall it
said the firewall could only be disabled in the mn-500
wireless version. does that mean i cant disable the
firewall by clearing the check field in the security
section or that this router has no firewall
either way i need to find a way to get this router to get
what ever security it has on it off
can any of you help me and tell me what i can do to
disbale this firewall on my router and /or any other
security preventing me from playing network games.
it works fine when i discconect but i am not the only
person online so i dont feel like disconnecting and
haveing them offline
1 answer Last reply
More about security

    Forward ports to your computer. Find the ports your game
    uses, run IE and go to 192.168.2.1. Go to security/port
    forwarding. Add persistent ports forwarding to IP
    192.168.2.2. Go to the LAN screen and change the start DHCP
    to 192.168.2.3. Go to the PC network properties and change
    TCP/IP IP to 192.168.2.2, mask 255.255.255.0, DNS and
    gateway 192.168.2.1.

    Uniquely disabling the firewall won't resolve the problem,
    because of NAT.

    If you don't care about security in that PC, set your
    computer on a DMZ. On the router configuration is under
    security. This opens all ports. You still need to assign
    the IP to the PC like above, and change the DHCP start
    range. You should firewall the other computers (e.g.
    setting Windows ICF) since they can be compromised through
    the game PC. Once you set the computer in the DMZ is like
    the firewall doesn't exist for that computer.

Routers Firewalls Security Networking