Help Testing a Puzzle

One of the hardest aspects of creating IF (for me at least) is to
properly gauge the level of difficulty my puzzles present. I hope i'm
not stepping beyond the bounds of this forum to ask for some feedback
on the opening puzzle to my latest game.

my email address is at the end of the puzzle, so if you could send me
logs, suggestions, things that didn't work but should have. Please
email them or just post in this thread.

One note: Character development is nil. Don't bother trying to
interact with the pilot of the plane. Also room descriptions aren't
exactly where I want them yet, so typos, grammar, and that sort of
thing can be ignored.

http://www.littletonps.org/z5/comp.z5

Thanks,

Chad Elliott

p.s. I don't really want to give a walkthru to the puzzle or even hints
out. The excersize is to see how long it takes the average IF'er to
solve the puzzle. I will however post the solution after people have
had the chance to offer me some feedback.

Thanks alrady to a few people who have helped out. I have uploaded a
new version that will make the puzzle slightly less frustrating. Also
i have described more things and tried to give answers for more
commands.

This puzzle alone is 560 lines of inform plus hundreds of edits to the
grammar.h file and replacements of several subs. So I really am trying
to be accomodating to almost anything people could type.

Your feedback really helps me fill in the gaps where the parser gives
annoying and dumb answers.

still no help from the pilot though (sorry)

Thanks for your efforts, and for continuing to help me with the
development of this game,

Chad Elliott

p.s. if this is the second time you have downloaded the game, remember
to try everything over again, several descriptions and responses are
more leading now, trying to guide the player toward solving the
puzzles.

hey can you email me at sockpanda@yahoo.com? I'm midway (or more,
don't know how long it is) through the puzzle, and either I'm way off
base, or there's a guess-the-verb problem and/or bug in the puzzle that
I'd like to point out to you. At the very least, if I'm not on the
right track, then I fear you have the pilot saying something that's
borderline unfair. Should be an easy fix, though. Give me a shout and
I'll let you know what I mean. (and if, by chance, a seoncd version of
this post pops up, I apologize, I hit the wrong button and dropped out
the first time I wrote it and I don't know if it posted or not).