[esclinux.tk - linux live-cd]

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

ESCape Linux, a live-cd for playing and designing ifiction, has been
updated.

The new url is : http://esclinux.tk/

and there are now more mirrors available (3) for downloading it.
(http://heberg-hacksky.ath.cx/erfor/esclinux/ should be faster, and
works better than before.)

I didn't reinvent the wheel with it, it's a remaster of the feather
linux live-cd, but it can help for having a development platform for
ifiction (no need to install anything on the host computer)

The main software on it are :

jif : Inform / Glulx integrated development environment (has been
updated to the last version available, jif 1.5)
frotz : zmachine interpreter, console mode
xfrotz : zmachine interpreter, graphic mode
tadsr : tads interpreter, console mode
qtads : tads interpreter, graphic mode
hugo : hugo interpreter, console mode
inform : inform / glulx compiler
livrant : new ifiction scripting language, in java (only in french at
the moment)

ifpe : multi-language interpreter, console mode

xifpe : multi-language interpreter, graphic mode

zag : glulx interpreter in java

python interpreter
tcl/tk interpreter

nedit : text editor
xfe : files explorer
aterm : terminal
xpdf : pdf viewer

fluxbox : window manager
xfce : desktop and window manager
wmaker : window manager

and several documentations (inform, tads, hugo manuals etc.) are
included as well.

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

Eric,

Are there any games on the CD? I can't see any listed in the package
details.

You might also want to submit it to http://distrowatch.com/ They carry
information on a large number of distros. Live CDs of games are a bit of
a rarity at the moment

Mark.

Eric Forgeot wrote:
> ESCape Linux, a live-cd for playing and designing ifiction, has been
> updated.
>
> The new url is : http://esclinux.tk/
>
> and there are now more mirrors available (3) for downloading it.
> (http://heberg-hacksky.ath.cx/erfor/esclinux/ should be faster, and
> works better than before.)
>
> I didn't reinvent the wheel with it, it's a remaster of the feather
> linux live-cd, but it can help for having a development platform for
> ifiction (no need to install anything on the host computer)
>
> The main software on it are :
>
> jif : Inform / Glulx integrated development environment (has been
> updated to the last version available, jif 1.5)
> frotz : zmachine interpreter, console mode
> xfrotz : zmachine interpreter, graphic mode
> tadsr : tads interpreter, console mode
> qtads : tads interpreter, graphic mode
> hugo : hugo interpreter, console mode
> inform : inform / glulx compiler
> livrant : new ifiction scripting language, in java (only in french at
> the moment)
>
> ifpe : multi-language interpreter, console mode
>

> xifpe : multi-language interpreter, graphic mode
>
> zag : glulx interpreter in java
>

> python interpreter
> tcl/tk interpreter
>

> nedit : text editor
> xfe : files explorer
> aterm : terminal
> xpdf : pdf viewer
>
> fluxbox : window manager
> xfce : desktop and window manager
> wmaker : window manager
>
> and several documentations (inform, tads, hugo manuals etc.) are
> included as well.

Archived from groups: rec.arts.int-fiction,rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

yes, there are a few games on the cd. I've contacted all the authors (I
hope), and removed the games if there were some licence problems.
Only a few authors are named in the Acknowledgement in the manual, I
hope to correct this in a later release.

I want to announce the cd on http://distrowatch.com/ too, I'll do it in
the future