Application Hang

Hi,
I have a brand new XP Pro SP2 machine.
Recently, applications started hanging and reporting a "Application hang"
error. Details are such "hang module hangapp, vesrion 0.0.0.0, hang address
0x00000000."
Is this report of any significance? Is it a hardware or software problem?
Thanks
Yba.

Need more details about the exact error message to start troubleshooting.

"yba02" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a brand new XP Pro SP2 machine.
> Recently, applications started hanging and reporting a "Application hang"
> error. Details are such "hang module hangapp, vesrion 0.0.0.0, hang address
> 0x00000000."
> Is this report of any significance? Is it a hardware or software problem?
> Thanks
> Yba.

argyle

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2003

I have been having the exact same message in my event viewer. It happens
with the media player and another task panel program that it does not list
(possibly the media player also). Check and see if you can get the tags for
music on the media player, mine will freeze for hours. I havent found the
other program yet, but I have spent hours on the media player issue with no
solution.