Win XP Pro Service packs and version numbers

How do I determine if my computer has either SP1 or SP2 installed ?. Just
installed from a new disk and MS Auto update did not locate SPs in required
update list.
4 answers Last reply
More about service packs version numbers

    Go to Start...Control Panel...System The window that pops up will show - on
    the General tab - which version you've got. If it doesn't mention SP1, 1a,
    or 2, you've got XP without anything.

    In news:35C0E83C-44A8-42D1-BEE4-D039531F9F00@microsoft.com,
    tel <tel@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > How do I determine if my computer has either SP1 or SP2
    > installed ?.
    > Just installed from a new disk and MS Auto update did not
    > locate SPs
    > in required update list.

    There are several ways. Perhaps the easiest is to hold down the
    Windows key and press Pause/Break. It will report the Service
    Pack level on the General tab.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Start|Run|winver

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 07:19:10 -0700, tel wrote:

    > How do I determine if my computer has either SP1 or SP2 installed ?. Just
    > installed from a new disk and MS Auto update did not locate SPs in required
    > update list.

    Start, Run, enter winver.exe and click OK. The SP level will show there.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

Computers Microsoft Windows XP