WinDVD menu problems

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I reinstalled WinDVD on my computer, but the screen goes black when the mouse
is still on the menu screens. If I move the mouse around, the screen flashes
between the menu and a black screen, so I can make out where the "Play Movie"
button is, but this is quite a hassle. I can still hear the music playing
over the menus, but the screen is black.

Once I hit "Play Movie", the WinDVD plays the movies fine, but it used to
work before I had to reinstall WinDVD.

Any ideas?

Patches & Updates are critical to most all Multimedia apps.
Did you check WinDVD's website for patches for your version ?
DirectX and Video Drivers also play a big part in operation &
performance w/ MMedia.

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I reinstalled WinDVD on my computer, but the screen goes black when the
>mouse
> is still on the menu screens. If I move the mouse around, the screen
> flashes
> between the menu and a black screen, so I can make out where the "Play
> Movie"
> button is, but this is quite a hassle. I can still hear the music playing
> over the menus, but the screen is black.
>
> Once I hit "Play Movie", the WinDVD plays the movies fine, but it used to
> work before I had to reinstall WinDVD.
>
> Any ideas?

Malke

R. McCarty wrote:

> Patches & Updates are critical to most all Multimedia apps.
> Did you check WinDVD's website for patches for your version ?
> DirectX and Video Drivers also play a big part in operation &
> performance w/ MMedia.
>

> "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I reinstalled WinDVD on my computer, but the screen goes black when
>>the mouse
>> is still on the menu screens. If I move the mouse around, the screen
>> flashes
>> between the menu and a black screen, so I can make out where the
>> "Play Movie"
>> button is, but this is quite a hassle. I can still hear the music
>> playing over the menus, but the screen is black.
>>
>> Once I hit "Play Movie", the WinDVD plays the movies fine, but it
>> used to work before I had to reinstall WinDVD.
>>
>> Any ideas?

Just to add to Mr. McCarty's excellent advice - do you have Service Pack
2? Most of the OEM's (Dell, HP, etc.) have included update patches for
WinDVD to enable that program to work with SP2 since there apparently
was an issue.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers