screensaver slow and very unsmooth

July 10, 2005 12:52:03 PM

i have a brand new laptop with windows xp home and the screensaver is the
last thing i would expect not to work. basically, every screensaver (some
worse than otheres) are spazzy and wont run smoothly. for example:

3d flowerbox - i cant even run preview this on the "select screensaver"
window because it slows up my computer so badly.
starfield - i use this one currently but when it comes on, it doesnt move!
its as though im just sitting there in space, not blasting through it.
marquee - the first letter of text makes it onto the screen and it stops
about there.

what gives??

thanks so much,
kbeck
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 5:30:51 PM

I would take it back and have them reimage the computer, and if it still
does it, just get a new one...if it's decently powered...
"kbeck" <kbeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 9B7E772-3C0C-460A-9F15-5468AACF3DF7@microsoft.com...
>i have a brand new laptop with windows xp home and the screensaver is the
> last thing i would expect not to work. basically, every screensaver (some
> worse than otheres) are spazzy and wont run smoothly. for example:
>
> 3d flowerbox - i cant even run preview this on the "select screensaver"
> window because it slows up my computer so badly.
> starfield - i use this one currently but when it comes on, it doesnt move!
> its as though im just sitting there in space, not blasting through it.
> marquee - the first letter of text makes it onto the screen and it stops
> about there.
>
> what gives??
>
> thanks so much,
> kbeck
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 7:32:56 PM

3D screensavers can use a fair amount of CPU cycles and graphics memory.
If you bought a inexpensive laptop, you problably are kicking it's teeth
in with the graphics demand.

!