receive from address book entries only

Is there an option in outlook express by where I can only receive emails from
people that I have in my address book? Would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Joe
2 answers Last reply
More about receive address book entries only

    In news:F7828458-66A4-4297-894E-A2A569A59180@microsoft.com,
    joe <joe@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > Is there an option in outlook express by where I can only
    > receive
    > emails from people that I have in my address book? Would
    > appreciate

    I use Outlook for E-mail, not Outlook Express, so I'm not sure.
    However, since in Outlook you can easily create a rule to do
    this, you can likely do something similar in Outlook Express. Go
    to Tools | Message Rules | Mail, and check there.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Mail Rule.

    Apply this rule after the message arrives
    Where the From line contains "Your Friends"
    Message contains the people below
    Move it to the specified folder
    Stop processing more rules

    Using rules to filter IN instead of OUT
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/rules.htm#filterin

    Message Rules
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/rules.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F7828458-66A4-4297-894E-A2A569A59180@microsoft.com,
    joe <joe@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Is there an option in outlook express by where I can only receive emails
    > from people that I have in my address book? Would appreciate any help.
    > Thanks
    > Joe

Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP Books