[Survey] Interactive Fiction is best in which PDA?

I know this is kind of a subjective question, but i really wanted to
know your opinion on this, since for what i could see common PDA models
(i liked the feel of HP PDA's) cost around 600 Euros and more...

a) Which is the 'best' PDA for playing Interactive Fiction these days?

b) Which PDA Operating System is best supported by IF interpreters?

c) Which PDA processor should i look for?

d) Which display size should i look for?

e) Which should be the minimum amount of RAM the PDA should have, to
play most games (even if only one at a time) and still have room for
other stuff?

f) If you use any already, which model do you have? and more or less how
much did it cost (to make some sort of paralel to the Cost of them in
Portugal in Euros)

Any feedback on this will be great, since it would help me make a final
decision.

Thanks,
RootShell
18 answers Last reply
More about survey interactive fiction
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    RootShell wrote:

    > a) Which is the 'best' PDA for playing Interactive Fiction these
    > days?

    The one you've got with you. That is, buy what fits your lifestyle the
    best, with the features that make it absolutely invaluable to you for
    everyday living, and it'll be there in your pocket when you've got the
    urge to play IF. The handheld you always leave at home because its too
    bulky, too hard to use, or you can't read the screen in bright daylight
    -- it's not going to do you any good for playing IF either.

    For the best in Graphical gaming, I suggest looking for good emulator
    support -- the number of good Gameboy Color games beats the number of
    good PalmOS games by an order of magnitude. Super Nintendo, SEGA, etc,
    can all be emulated on handheld devices -- and a couple of products are
    emulating (to various degrees of sucess) Gameboy Advance titles for
    PocketPC and PalmOS platforms.

    You probably ought to consider the more mundane aspects as well; your
    "To Do" list, addressbook, etc, *is* important. 'nuff said.

    > b) Which PDA Operating System is best supported by IF
    > interpreters?

    >From what I understand, there is a TADS interpreter for Windows Mobile
    devices. To the best of my knowledge, nobody's ported TADS to PalmOS
    (yet -- wink*). Adrift is Desktop/Windows only, not available for
    handhelds, and Hugo is available for both handheld platforms. Z-Machine
    interpreters abound for handheld platforms, naturally, just as they do
    for their larger desktop cousins, and older things like AGT and Quill
    just aren't available for PDAs, probably due to lack of interest.

    The Inform *compiler* has been ported to Windows CE - how it fares
    under recent Windows Mobile handhelds I couldn't say. A port of the
    compiler to PalmOS 5.x devices is currently in testing and should be
    released soon. The TADS compiler, I believe, is desktop-only, but a
    PocketPC version isn't inconceivable, nor is a port for high-end PalmOS
    devices. Neither currently exists, though, and I don't know of any
    solid plans to start such a project. I don't know of any other handheld
    IF development tools at this time. The Hugo compiler is feasible for
    both WinMobile and PalmOS 5, but nobody's working on porting it that I
    know of.

    Finally, I understand that Windows handhelds (might?) offer some sort
    of DOS compaibility mode -- which might allow you to use DOS versions
    of your favourite interpreters and compilers and whatnot. Someone with
    some experience in that area might want to provide us more information
    about it.

    > c) Which PDA processor should i look for?

    Most things these days (AFAIK) run on ARM-based processors of some
    sort, though MIPS and friends are still out there. The CPU that comes
    in the PDA that otherwise meets your needs is probably the right one
    for you. I wouldn't advise *anybody* to buy a $400 PDA for playing free
    IF games. That's just silly, don't you think?

    > d) Which display size should i look for?

    The largest one you can find that still works for you. You might be
    enamored by the Treo 650 cell phone (PalmOS) and the small 320x320
    mini-screen is all you want. Or you could prefer to carry around a
    plastic brick that runs Windows Mobile 2003 but sports a full VGA
    640x480 display. PDAs aren't like computers, where memory, hard drive
    space, and available options dictate what you buy. PDAs are supposed to
    be carried with you, almost like clothing, and you should shop around
    for something that fits your personality and lifestyle like a
    professionaly tailored jacket fits you body.

    > e) Which should be the minimum amount of RAM the PDA should
    > have, to play most games (even if only one at a time) and
    > still have room for other stuff?

    RAM's not usually a big concern. Either the interpreter works for a
    given handheld or it doesn't. TADS on PalmOS 2.0 just wouldn't happen
    -- it needs more memory than those devices provided. Get as much usable
    RAM as you can. The PalmOne Tungsten T5, for example, has 256MB of RAM,
    but most of it is used to emulate a $30 USB flash drive -- which I
    consider to be kind of dumb when you can swap 1GB SD cards in and out
    of the thing all day long. The older T3 has more usable RAM than any
    other PalmOS device on the market, 64Mb. Get as much as you can and
    keep in mind that two-weeks after you buy one, something better will
    probably come out. :)

    > f) If you use any already, which model do you have? and
    > more or less how much did it cost (to make some sort of
    > paralel to the Cost of them in Portugal in Euros)

    I'm using a PalmOne Tungsten T3, and you'd have to pry it out of my
    cold, dead hands to get it away from me. The PalmOne Zire 72 has a
    built in camera, in lieu of the larger screen, but I've got a $50
    digital camera that does just as good of a job. My T3 has 11Mb of heap
    RAM available (which is the RAM programs use while they're running,
    rather than the RAM used to store programs like a hard-drive), a
    320x480 high-res screen, decent sound capabilities. Its the best on the
    market, as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't trade it for a T5 or a Treo
    650, or any of the things that've come out since. I play SNES games,
    Gameboy/GBC
    games, etc, using a free emulator. MP3 playback, voice recording.
    Bluetooth. WiFi is available from PalmOne via a $120 add-on SDIO card.
    And, of course, there are thousands of 3rd-party apps that run on
    PalmOS. I'm particularly fond of my video player -- watching full
    length movies from my SD card is awfully fun.

    Last I saw, CompUSA had Tungsten T3's for $299.

    My next choice would be the Tapwave Zodiac 2, as it's only a bit
    slower, is a bit larger to carry around, has some really awesome games
    and emulators, and still handles the normal PDA stuff. Still, it looks
    like a handheld game console, and that's rather awkward to explain in
    meetings. Lifestyle thing, y'know?

    I've never liked the feel of Windows handhelds -- what works great on
    the desktop just doesn't work for me in my pocket. Some people swear by
    them, and that's good, but I can't really offer any information about
    them to you. Hopefully someone who's used Windows handhelds for a while
    will respond as well, giving you feedback from that angle.

    > Any feedback on this will be great, since it would help
    > me make a final decision.

    In the end, nothing's really "better" -- its up to you to determine
    what fits you best. Some newsgroups might degenerate into a handheld
    platform Holy War at this point; I'm glad we're discussing this in rgif
    instead. :)

    If you've got Palm-related questions, I'll be happy to answer them for
    you, or to try to direct you to someone who can. I really hope someone
    can give you a detailed look at things from the Windows side as well,
    as the more you know before you decide, the happier you're likely to be
    with your choice.

    Best of luck!
    Brandon
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On or about 3/19/2005 12:54 PM, RootShell did proclaim:

    > I know this is kind of a subjective question, but i really wanted to
    > know your opinion on this, since for what i could see common PDA models
    > (i liked the feel of HP PDA's) cost around 600 Euros and more...

    I've always been partial to PalmOS, owning about half-a-dozen old PDAs
    that all run PalmOS 3.x on the Motorola Dragonball processor. These
    will run most if not all of the Z-machine games (I'm unsure about .z6).

    Text wraps to fit the screen, so resolution only matters for a few games
    that pop-up quote boxes which fall off the sides of the screen.

    PalmOS 3 devices are pretty much obsolete, but you can find them on eBay
    pretty cheap and they still work as well as ever.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:54:50 GMT, RootShell scrawled:

    > I know this is kind of a subjective question, but i really wanted to
    > know your opinion on this, since for what i could see common PDA models
    > (i liked the feel of HP PDA's) cost around 600 Euros and more...
    >
    > a) Which is the 'best' PDA for playing Interactive Fiction these days?

    I'd say that one with a small keyboard (palm?) would probably be the best
    bet - but other than that, anything with an onscreen keyboard is fine.
    I found wince/pocketpc to be the easiest OS with regards uploading the
    games etc.

    I play games quite happily on my O2 XDA (HTC Wallaby)

    > b) Which PDA Operating System is best supported by IF interpreters?

    As above.

    > c) Which PDA processor should i look for?

    Look up interpreters, see which one is supported by most of those that you
    find. I think mine is an SH3, but both MIPS and the other major one seem
    to be supported.

    > d) Which display size should i look for?

    240x320 is standard for palm sized, but you can get higher resolutions
    now.

    > e) Which should be the minimum amount of RAM the PDA should have, to
    > play most games (even if only one at a time) and still have room for
    > other stuff?

    I think the average minimum (is there such a thing) is probably >8mb -
    which would be fine. A lot of PDA's can take memory cards of various types
    if you need to add room.

    --
    http://www.rexx.co.uk

    To email me, visit the site.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    RootShell <---RootShell@netcabo.pt---> writes:

    > I know this is kind of a subjective question, but i really wanted to
    > know your opinion on this, since for what i could see common PDA models
    > (i liked the feel of HP PDA's) cost around 600 Euros and more...

    I think Brandon hit it best .. buy what you need. Consider what
    your friends have as well, so they can assist and do program reocmmendations
    and such. ie: Presumably you're not buying a PDA just for IF.. if you are,
    be sure to include the Sharp Zaurus in your criterion ;)

    That said, I have some favourites. Now bear in mind I do a lot of
    PDA development (freeware and shareware) and sell softare for Palm OS
    (my preferred platform) so I'm biased perhaps. I do development for
    Pocket PC and others as well though :) I also write Kronos (ZMachine,
    Magnetic Scrolls and Scott Adams IF for Palm OS).

    For Magnetic Scrolls, Kronos is your ronly mobile option and thats
    Palm OS; for Scott Adams, I Think Kronos is it as well. For Hugo and Tags,
    there are Pocket PC versions and none for Palm OS. Theres no Level 9 yet
    for either. Zaurus is a Linux machine and so has "straight ports" of
    common unix apps such as Frotz, but they work like desktop apps so may
    not be so PDA-ized.

    Palm OS has a few interpretersw for ZMachine; Kronos, CliFrotz,
    Frobnitz, Frotz. Varying features so you can chose what you like. For Pocket
    PC there are a couple, but most aren't really good .. they're not so well
    PDAized. ie: FrotzCE works pretty well on low-res (normal res 240x320)
    Pocket PC devices, but is a little clunky on VGA (newer devices, 480x640).
    I think its under featured compared to Palm OS variations.. ie: Its fairly
    barebones, while Palm OS interps tend to have a lot of PDA-specific
    features such as lots of wordlists and butotn bars for movement etc.
    ie: A lot more writing (with the stylus) on a Pocket PC device.

    So for ZMachine, Magnetic Scrolls and ScottAdams, I'd say Palm OS
    clearly wins (but read above for rational, as you may not agree :) For
    Hugo and Tags, Pocket PC clearly wins out. I can't comment too much about
    Zaurus except it has most of the desktop interpreters.

    Kronos, Frobnitz, Frotz work well on Treo 600 phone (they can handle
    low res and ithas a keyboard); the high res devices (most devices these days)
    such as Zodiac, Tungsten C, Tungsten 3 or 5, etc run everything very nicely
    and CliFrotz has ZMachine graphic support which is sharp. Tungsten C
    has 802.11 and keyboard so a good choice, but also the Sony UX50 clamshell
    is a landscape (wide) high res with keyboard and 802.11 and bluetooth so
    a nice device for IF, but discontinued. (Sony exited the PDA market)
    I'd say top machines for Palm OS are PalmOne Tungsten series, the
    T|T3 or T|T5 or T|C models, and the smartphones Treo 600 and Treo 650.
    (I personally like T|T3 and Treo's best). On the Pocket PC side theres
    fewer options for neweer devives these days, but I'd suggest the Dell Axim
    series (such as X50v for VGA gorgeous screen, or perhaps the X50mid for
    normal res but super fast device.)

    There, far too much info, but feel free to write me at
    skeezix@codejedi.com if you have questions..

    See my Kronos project here:
    http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/kronos.html

    Oh, and I don't think anyone has ported Inform to Pocket PC for
    creating new IF, though a port is nearly ready for Palm OS; it should be an
    easy port to Pocket PC though, but I don't think anyone has done it yet.

    jeff

    "Have you played Atari today?"
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Rexx Magnus <trashcan@uk2.net> writes:

    > I'd say that one with a small keyboard (palm?) would probably be the best
    > bet - but other than that, anything with an onscreen keyboard is fine.
    > I found wince/pocketpc to be the easiest OS with regards uploading the
    > games etc.
    >
    > I play games quite happily on my O2 XDA (HTC Wallaby)

    Thats a Pocket PC device?
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    RootShell wrote in news:423c766e$0$28396$a729d347@news.telepac.pt:

    > I know this is kind of a subjective question, but i really wanted
    > to know your opinion on this, since for what i could see common
    > PDA models (i liked the feel of HP PDA's) cost around 600 Euros
    > and more...

    <snipped questions I have no answer for>

    > f) If you use any already, which model do you have? and more or
    > less how much did it cost (to make some sort of paralel to the
    > Cost of them in Portugal in Euros)

    I have a PalmOne Treo 600, which cost me the equivalent of 480 Euro.
    It's a "smartphone", so the screen is smallish (about 5x5cm) and low
    res (160x160 IIRC) but it has a tiny qwerty keyboard. I've found
    Frobnitz to be very useable on it.

    I've never owned another PDA (or another mobile phone for that matter)
    so I've nothing to compare to, but I'm happy with it.

    Rikard
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Jeff Mitchell wrote:
    > Palm OS; for Scott Adams, I Think Kronos is it as well. For Hugo and
    Tags,
    > there are Pocket PC versions and none for Palm OS. Theres no Level 9
    yet

    Hiya Jeff. Just a heads-up; Kent Tessman *did* port his Hugo engine to
    PalmOS. You can find it here:

    http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/programming/hugo/executables/hugov31_palm.zip

    The source is also available, and compiles very nicely in Codewarrior
    9.3. To the best of my knowlege, he's the first person to create an IF
    development system of his own, and port it to PalmOS, PocketPC, AND
    BeOS. Major props to Ken!

    That said, the PalmOS port of Hugo doesn't do graphics and sound -- its
    a m68k app. An updated ARM-native app with sound and graphics support
    (MPEG, anyone?) would rock. :) You write the interpreter, I'll port the
    compiler? <big friggin' grin>

    Laterz.
    Brandon
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    I'm with Brandon regarding the Palm T3. "...pry it from my cold dead hands.

    The T3 has a nice big hi-res screen that closes down into a small package for easy carrying. Putting the screen in landscape mode and small type gives you about 120 characters per line. (Don't quote me because I haven't counted them in a while.) CliFrotz offers graphic support for Z6 games and a large enough window to run the multi-paned Beyond Zork interface. Meanwhile, Kronos offers support for Z-machine and other some other game platforms (I forget, because I have only used it for Z-machine)

    The lack of keyboard is not a big deal at all. Most of the terps allow you to tap a word anywhere on the screen to clone it on the input line, plus they all offer easy one-touch menu for common commands, directions and ability to define your own frequently used commands. I find it to actually be easier than a desktop.

    As Brandon further noted, a port of the Inform interperter is soon to be released for the PalmOS. I have been privileged to be one of the testers for it. It is so cool to be able to sit in bed while testing your own game, find a bug, make changes, compile it and then go on testing. All in the Palm of your hand.

    I think the T3 is around $300.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Rexx Magnus <trashcan@uk2.net> writes:

    > On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:33:30 GMT, Jeff Mitchell scrawled:
    >
    > > The XDA is a pocket pc phone if memory serves? Which IF
    > > interpreters are you using there? I've not found many good ones for the
    > > Pocket PC platform (see my longer reply)
    >
    > ZipCE for PocketPC v1.6e Is what I'm running. It seems quite solid for the
    > most part. It doesn't like my game (Mingsheng) however - probably due to
    > some of the opcodes I've used.
    >
    > There was another one as well, but I can't remember what it's called, as I
    > don't use it anymore.

    I found it hard to find a stable interp and no luck so far for
    my device (VGA); ie: FrotzZE is hard to locate at all and a few years old.
    ZipCE seams to be the most current but I find it lacks some of what
    I'd like (perhaps I'm ovely hard on it :), and it doesn't like VGA too much.
    ie: It scrolls a line per half second on my device (Dell Axim X50v) so when
    4 or 5 lines come out, it takes a few seconds to get them.. ugh :) Its also
    using low res display.. I'll have to try and mess with resources and see if
    I can get it to come up in a high res display and see if it works. (ie: Fonts
    are all pixelated and not using the VGA smoothing.)

    (Mostly I'm just a snob .. I want some of Kronos features, so I'll
    have to try and locate ZipCE source and add them in ;) ie: tap-on-a-word
    shouldn't just insert the word into the buffer, but offer up options. I've
    got it so tap on a word pops up a list such as "Examine WORD" and "Get WORD"
    and such, so you can almost play entirely without writing, just tapping away.
    Handy for a PDA.)

    Hmm, no source on his website; is ZIP a GPL or open source app?

    One of these days I'll have to write a Glk frontend :P

    jeff

    "Have you played Atari today?"
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:32:05 GMT, Jeff Mitchell scrawled:

    > Rexx Magnus <trashcan@uk2.net> writes:
    >
    >> I'd say that one with a small keyboard (palm?) would probably be the
    >> best bet - but other than that, anything with an onscreen keyboard is
    >> fine. I found wince/pocketpc to be the easiest OS with regards
    >> uploading the games etc.
    >>
    >> I play games quite happily on my O2 XDA (HTC Wallaby)
    >
    > Thats a Pocket PC device?

    Yup, running 2002 IIRC.

    --
    http://www.rexx.co.uk

    To email me, visit the site.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Rexx Magnus wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:54:50 GMT, RootShell scrawled:
    >

    >>I know this is kind of a subjective question, but i really wanted to
    >>know your opinion on this, since for what i could see common PDA models
    >>(i liked the feel of HP PDA's) cost around 600 Euros and more...

    I do just fine on an old Palm with 2mb of memory, a monochrome screen,
    and no keyboard. The ability to play IF really shouldn't be your
    deciding factor; I doubt that there's a real PDA out there that can't.
    Although slower processors may have a noticeable delay between entering
    a command and getting a response.

    >>a) Which is the 'best' PDA for playing Interactive Fiction these days?
    >

    > I'd say that one with a small keyboard (palm?) would probably be the best
    > bet - but other than that, anything with an onscreen keyboard is fine.
    > I found wince/pocketpc to be the easiest OS with regards uploading the
    > games etc.

    I'd say the onscreen keyboard is optional too. Frobnitz's word context
    menus are surprisingly useful for most things. And besides, IF is about
    the best way around to learn to use Graffiti.

    Michael
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    "Jeff Mitchell" <skeezix@fw.skeleton.org> wrote in message

    > (Mostly I'm just a snob .. I want some of Kronos features, so I'll
    > have to try and locate ZipCE source and add them in ;) ie: tap-on-a-word
    > shouldn't just insert the word into the buffer, but offer up options. I've
    > got it so tap on a word pops up a list such as "Examine WORD" and "Get
    > WORD"
    > and such, so you can almost play entirely without writing, just tapping
    > away.
    > Handy for a PDA.)

    Ive been using pocketFrotz as it does not exhibit the slow behavior that you
    mention. Its pretty good, but I would love to have some of Kronos
    functionality. i think that added functionality would allow me to play more
    IF on my pocketpc.

    > jeff

    > "Have you played Atari today?"
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:54:50 +0000, RootShell <---RootShell@netcabo.pt--->
    wrote:

    >I know this is kind of a subjective question, but i really wanted to
    >know your opinion on this, since for what i could see common PDA models
    >(i liked the feel of HP PDA's) cost around 600 Euros and more...
    >
    >a) Which is the 'best' PDA for playing Interactive Fiction these days?

    Can't say which is 'best', since I've only used one, but the Psion 5mx (now
    sadly a dead end) is ideal for me.

    It has an excellent keyboard, and the screen is the right orientation for
    reading lots of text (e.g. 70 chars wide by 18 lines amongst other sizes).

    It runs Frotz for Z-machine games (never tried .Z6 games), and a TADS-2
    interpreter (although non-HTML only I think). There's also an Alan
    interpreter available, although I've hardly used it.

    It's also fully multi-tasking (as I _believe_ PalmOS isn't), so you can
    flip between the game and a word-processor file where you can keep game
    notes, record beta-testing thoughts etc. (With Z-machine games, I can
    cut-and-paste text from the game to the word-processor, which is even more
    convenient).

    Because of the convenience of being able to play "where ever you happen to
    be at the time", I play IF almost exclusively on my Psion, and very rarely
    play on a desktop.

    Regards,
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    I've had great pleasure using Frotz on my Psion 5. (8 mb of memory)
    They don't make them anymore, but you can probably get one off ebay.
    Mine cost 30 pounds, + 10 pounds for the cable, including postage and
    packaging. Big screen, nice keyboard.
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    "Steve" <vw@vw.com> writes:

    > > (Mostly I'm just a snob .. I want some of Kronos features, so I'll
    > > have to try and locate ZipCE source and add them in ;) ie: tap-on-a-word
    > > shouldn't just insert the word into the buffer, but offer up options. I've
    > > got it so tap on a word pops up a list such as "Examine WORD" and "Get
    > > WORD"
    > > and such, so you can almost play entirely without writing, just tapping
    > > away.
    > > Handy for a PDA.)
    >
    > Ive been using pocketFrotz as it does not exhibit the slow behavior that you
    > mention. Its pretty good, but I would love to have some of Kronos
    > functionality. i think that added functionality would allow me to play more
    > IF on my pocketpc.

    PocketFrotz eh? Do you have a pointer to it? (I didn't check the
    IF-archive.. doh!) Perhaps I should modify one of these guys to have what
    I like ;) (At the same time, I'm already far overloaded with projects, so
    this alone makes me keep using some of my other devices :P)

    jeff

    "Have you played Atari today?"
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On 21 Mar 2005 14:39:26 -0500, Jeff Mitchell <skeezix@fw.skeleton.org>
    wrote:

    > PocketFrotz eh? Do you have a pointer to it? (I didn't check the
    >IF-archive.. doh!) Perhaps I should modify one of these guys to have what
    >I like ;) (At the same time, I'm already far overloaded with projects, so
    >this alone makes me keep using some of my other devices :P)
    >
    > jeff

    Jeff,

    Try
    http://ifarchive.jmac.org/if-archive/infocom/interpreters/frotz/pocketfrotz_04b.zip

    There is also sourcecode available for it, and it works well on my
    Axim, except its not smart enough to give multiple commands the way
    Kronus is. Now I need to find some time to play some of the games...

    Steve
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Graham Holden <look@bottom.of.post> wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:54:50 +0000, RootShell <---RootShell@netcabo.pt--->
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I know this is kind of a subjective question, but i really wanted to
    > >know your opinion on this, since for what i could see common PDA models
    > >(i liked the feel of HP PDA's) cost around 600 Euros and more...
    > >
    > >a) Which is the 'best' PDA for playing Interactive Fiction these days?
    >
    > Can't say which is 'best', since I've only used one, but the Psion 5mx (now
    > sadly a dead end) is ideal for me.

    Ditto for the Psion Revo for me. Good luck getting one now, though.

    Richard
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    I would like to thank you all for the good/fast/personal feedback on
    this, but unfortunately fate always gets the best and due to a car
    malfunction i will have to spend around €950 in car repair, leaving the
    PDA issue for later :(

    Your feedback led me to the models T3 (which i liked) and T5.

    As said before, i'll have to wait until a can spare some extra cash for
    the PDA, since right now, some of my personal savings has to go to my
    car workshop (sadly).

    Thanks once again,
    RootShell

Games Hewlett Packard PDA Video Games