Autorun after S3 standby

Hello group!

Is there a possibility in Windows XP to start a program automatically
after the PC wakes up from a standby but not after a normal startup?
Background: My soundcard needs to be reset after an s3 standby in order
to work.

Thanks in advance.

--
my email address: news1{at}jokluge.mailshell.com
2 answers Last reply

    Hello,

    You might be better off looking for an updated version of drivers for your sound card from the
    manufacturer's website.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Joachim Kluge" <please_lookup_in_signature@jokluge.mailshell.com> wrote in message
    > Hello group!
    >
    > Is there a possibility in Windows XP to start a program automatically
    > after the PC wakes up from a standby but not after a normal startup?
    > Background: My soundcard needs to be reset after an s3 standby in order
    > to work.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > --
    > my email address: news1{at}jokluge.mailshell.com

    In article <uP6msnXhFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, anando@mvps.org
    says...
    > Hello,
    >
    > You might be better off looking for an updated version of drivers for
    > your sound card from the manufacturer's website.

    It's a Terratec DMX XFire 1024 with Chrystal CS4624. The latest drivers
    from the manufacturer are from 2001. Hercules provides some compatible
    ones from 2002 which I have installed.
    My plan was to restart the device with devcon.exe. It works, but I'd
    like to have it automated.

    --
    Meine E-Mailadresse: news1{at}jokluge.mailshell.com

Microsoft Windows XP