Difference between Gainward FX5200 cards ?

keoh

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
Does anyone know the difference between the Gainward FX5200 cards?
I see VGFX5200DTL, -T, -TL, and -DTX models.

I looked around on the web, but a lot of information conflicts, and Gainward's site is not too forthcoming.

So I called Gainward, and tech support said one of them is better, but didn't know why. Great - makes me wonder if I really want to buy something from them if that's the depth of their tech support.

Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out the difference in feature sets - onboard memory / if the card will support one or two DVI/flat panel, and so on.

Thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
They all suck, but if all you need is a basic card with 2 DVI ports I'd suggest you start looking at pictures from resellers such as Newegg.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

keoh

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
I think I can reply to my own question now.

FX5200 Pro/660 :
-DTL models: 64bit / 128Mb / VGA & DVI / no fan / Supposedly this is the same as the -T models, just a different form factor.

-T models: 64bit / 128Mb / VGA & DVI / no fan - bigger board/form factor (otherwise same as -DTL)

-L models: The Lite version supports only one VGA monitor, no DVI

FX5200 Pro/680 :
-DTX models: 128bit / 256Mb / VGA & DVI / no fan