How Can I Suspend the Security Check for Programs Trying t..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I'm running an Outlook Duplicates Remover. As a result, a message keeps
popping up alerting me to the fact that the duplicates remover is trying to
access e-mail addresses. That's fine ONCE! But when I click on the Yes
button to let it continue, the security protection insists that I limit the
time to a few minutes; 10 at most. That's nowhere near enough, and I'd
really rather not have to baby-sit that application all day. It will run
for many HOURS! So, I hope there's a way to temporarily (like for a day)
suspend that security check. So, I'd greatly appreciate your letting me
know how I might eliminate that security check for considerably more than 10
minutes.
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I would help if you would say what security protection you are using on your
computer.

" AA Smith" <SmithRMS@Comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm running an Outlook Duplicates Remover. As a result, a message keeps
> popping up alerting me to the fact that the duplicates remover is trying
> to access e-mail addresses. That's fine ONCE! But when I click on the
> Yes button to let it continue, the security protection insists that I
> limit the time to a few minutes; 10 at most. That's nowhere near enough,
> and I'd really rather not have to baby-sit that application all day. It
> will run for many HOURS! So, I hope there's a way to temporarily (like
> for a day) suspend that security check. So, I'd greatly appreciate your
> letting me know how I might eliminate that security check for considerably
> more than 10 minutes.
> --
> With kindest regards,
>
> Dick Smith

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Ooooooppps! I did overlook that important detail, didn't I? Sorry 'bout
that

I'm using the WindowsXP Pro SP2 standard security only with Firewall
activated, though virus protection is off at the moment. For now, the
Privacy tab is set to LOW on Internet Explorer. I am not running any other
security systems at present.
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith

"Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
>I would help if you would say what security protection you are using on
>your computer.
>
> " AA Smith" <SmithRMS@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I'm running an Outlook Duplicates Remover. As a result, a message keeps
>> popping up alerting me to the fact that the duplicates remover is trying
>> to access e-mail addresses. That's fine ONCE! But when I click on the
>> Yes button to let it continue, the security protection insists that I
>> limit the time to a few minutes; 10 at most. That's nowhere near enough,
>> and I'd really rather not have to baby-sit that application all day. It
>> will run for many HOURS! So, I hope there's a way to temporarily (like
>> for a day) suspend that security check. So, I'd greatly appreciate your
>> letting me know how I might eliminate that security check for
>> considerably more than 10 minutes.
>> --
>> With kindest regards,
>>
>> Dick Smith

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi, again, Jane!

I may have also neglected to mention that the security warning concerning
programs accessing e-mail addresses is an Outlook error message generated by
Outlook 2003.
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith
"Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
>I would help if you would say what security protection you are using on
>your computer.
>
> " AA Smith" <SmithRMS@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I'm running an Outlook Duplicates Remover. As a result, a message keeps
>> popping up alerting me to the fact that the duplicates remover is trying
>> to access e-mail addresses. That's fine ONCE! But when I click on the
>> Yes button to let it continue, the security protection insists that I
>> limit the time to a few minutes; 10 at most. That's nowhere near enough,
>> and I'd really rather not have to baby-sit that application all day. It
>> will run for many HOURS! So, I hope there's a way to temporarily (like
>> for a day) suspend that security check. So, I'd greatly appreciate your
>> letting me know how I might eliminate that security check for
>> considerably more than 10 minutes.
>> --
>> With kindest regards,
>>
>> Dick Smith

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

These prompts are from the Outlook Email Security Updates contained in all
current versions of Outlook and in all Service Packs after SP1 for Outlook
2000. These updates add additional actions to the list of those that are
blocked from accessing the Outlook Address Book. One of the add-ins or
programs you are using that access your Outlook Address Book needs to be
updated. Many add-ins were updated following the release of Outlook 2003 and
should work. If not you'll need to contact the vendor for a newer version.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems has a list of
applications known to trigger the security prompt.

You can find more information here as well:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838871
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Hi, again, Jane!
>
> I may have also neglected to mention that the security warning concerning
> programs accessing e-mail addresses is an Outlook error message generated
> by Outlook 2003.
> --
> With kindest regards,
>
> Dick Smith
> "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
>>I would help if you would say what security protection you are using on
>>your computer.
>>
>> " AA Smith" <SmithRMS@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm running an Outlook Duplicates Remover. As a result, a message keeps
>>> popping up alerting me to the fact that the duplicates remover is trying
>>> to access e-mail addresses. That's fine ONCE! But when I click on the
>>> Yes button to let it continue, the security protection insists that I
>>> limit the time to a few minutes; 10 at most. That's nowhere near
>>> enough, and I'd really rather not have to baby-sit that application all
>>> day. It will run for many HOURS! So, I hope there's a way to
>>> temporarily (like for a day) suspend that security check. So, I'd
>>> greatly appreciate your letting me know how I might eliminate that
>>> security check for considerably more than 10 minutes.
>>> --
>>> With kindest regards,
>>>
>>> Dick Smith

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Ok, Thanks, again, Russ! I'll check this out.
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith