bikeme74

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2002
Hi There.

My IBM Deskstar 60GB HD defragmented FINE before installing the Trend Micro Internet Security 2005. It defragmented in less than an hour. After installing the Internet Security 2005, I decided to defragment again. NOW IT DOESN'T DEFRAGMENT my Drive [C]. It seems like it stuck on checking disk for error. The HD LED light is blinking, but I don't see any progress (just show the screen Defragmenting Drive C - 0% complete) Been like that for well over an hour now.

What's going on? Did the virus protection/security program change something major without me knowing??? Your help is greatly appreciate.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Disk defragmenter doesn't work when programs in the background keep accessing the drive. Turn off everything and try running it. That means disabling your new security program as well.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>