Pedro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2004

I have seen similar questions but no helpful answers so far.

I have an administrators account with XP Home and can access the internet
fine, but a limited account gets an access denied error due to the access
control list.

How can I change this so that my limited accou8nts can access the internet,
I have looked at internet explorer settings and the firewall settings but
cannot find anything to change this. Please help

"Pedro@London" <Pedro@London@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have seen similar questions but no helpful answers so far.
>
> I have an administrators account with XP Home and can access the internet
> fine, but a limited account gets an access denied error due to the access
> control list.
>
> How can I change this so that my limited accou8nts can access the
internet,
> I have looked at internet explorer settings and the firewall settings but
> cannot find anything to change this. Please help

Well, I don't know about other options, but you might try
the filemon utility from sysinternals at http://www.sysinternals.com
You start it with admin priv. from the users account (use runas to do that).
You can then see what files are trying to be opened/accessed and where it
is getting the "denied" message from. Then you can fix that problem.
I just went through that with a game of my sons that insisted you needed
admin priv "to access the file" with no hint of what file it was -- turned
out to be two files in two folders down in the game directory. Give
that a shot -- free and a handy utility to have around (he also has one
called "regmon" that will tell you what/when something is changing the
registry. Hopefully this will point you in the right direction.

mikey

kelly

Try RunAs.

--