Can someone recommedn a file sybchronization software?

July 10, 2005 3:53:30 PM

I have a home computer , work computer, laptop, and it would be nice to have
a file sync program,( kinda like the activesynce for pdas) for my multiple
computers. Can you recommend one?
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 4:05:03 PM

Try this - it's got a freeware and a payware version. I was so impressed
with the freeware that I bought the payware for my wife's office.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/syncback-hub.html

"bob" wrote:

> I have a home computer , work computer, laptop, and it would be nice to have
> a file sync program,( kinda like the activesynce for pdas) for my multiple
> computers. Can you recommend one?

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 7:55:46 PM

"bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message
news:o SfgFFYhFHA.3912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have a home computer , work computer, laptop, and it would be nice to
>have
> a file sync program,( kinda like the activesynce for pdas) for my
> multiple
> computers. Can you recommend one?

How To Use the Briefcase Feature in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307885

Briefcase overview

To synchronize files on connected computers using Briefcase

William
July 11, 2005 9:52:36 AM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:53:30 -0700, "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote:

>I have a home computer , work computer, laptop, and it would be nice to have
>a file sync program,( kinda like the activesynce for pdas) for my multiple
>computers. Can you recommend one?

Have a look at BeyondCompare. http://www.scootersoftware.com
I think they have an eval version.
July 17, 2005 8:14:01 AM

I'm trying to effect synchronization between documents on my new desktop and
a recently purchased laptop. I started in a small way using the laptop
briefcase, not really clear as to how I could best use it. Now that
briefcase is on both computers, I want to establish a routine.

1. I have a huge number of document folders, each containing varying
numbers of files, from a few to very, very many.

2. Although I work in some folders a great deal more than in others, I'm
regularly doing Word Searches through the entire Documents folder, extracting
portions of documents and usually doing some editing and reformatting, too.

3. I see the Briefase as a work space, rather than a place to move my
entire huge document directory into. I've thought, maybe I should do a
weekly Microsoft Search for documents modified during that week, place those
in the Briefcase --- and then what? I'm really not at all clear how to get
this process in place. I have already read, saved, and reread the Briefcase
material found at the URLs just posted.

4. Can someone suggest a "best way"?

Thanks,

JW