Can someone recommedn a file sybchronization software?

I have a home computer , work computer, laptop, and it would be nice to have
a file sync program,( kinda like the activesynce for pdas) for my multiple
computers. Can you recommend one?
4 answers Last reply
More about recommedn file sybchronization software

    Try this - it's got a freeware and a payware version. I was so impressed
    with the freeware that I bought the payware for my wife's office.

    http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/syncback-hub.html

    "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message
    >I have a home computer , work computer, laptop, and it would be nice to
    >have
    > a file sync program,( kinda like the activesynce for pdas) for my
    > multiple
    > computers. Can you recommend one?

    How To Use the Briefcase Feature in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307885

    Briefcase overview
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/bfc_overview.mspx

    To synchronize files on connected computers using Briefcase
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/bfc_connected.mspx

    --
    William

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:53:30 -0700, "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote:

    >I have a home computer , work computer, laptop, and it would be nice to have
    >a file sync program,( kinda like the activesynce for pdas) for my multiple
    >computers. Can you recommend one?

    Have a look at BeyondCompare. http://www.scootersoftware.com
    I think they have an eval version.

    I'm trying to effect synchronization between documents on my new desktop and
    a recently purchased laptop. I started in a small way using the laptop
    briefcase, not really clear as to how I could best use it. Now that
    briefcase is on both computers, I want to establish a routine.

    1. I have a huge number of document folders, each containing varying
    numbers of files, from a few to very, very many.

    2. Although I work in some folders a great deal more than in others, I'm
    regularly doing Word Searches through the entire Documents folder, extracting
    portions of documents and usually doing some editing and reformatting, too.

    3. I see the Briefase as a work space, rather than a place to move my
    entire huge document directory into. I've thought, maybe I should do a
    weekly Microsoft Search for documents modified during that week, place those
    in the Briefcase --- and then what? I'm really not at all clear how to get
    this process in place. I have already read, saved, and reread the Briefcase
    material found at the URLs just posted.

    4. Can someone suggest a "best way"?

    Thanks,

    JW