CRUCIAL: DDR500 1GB DIMMs

<A HREF="http://www.crucial.com/ballistix/store/PartSpecs.asp?imodule=BL12864Z503&cat=" target="_new">Source</A>:
Quote:
Module Specifications:
Module Size: 1GB
Package: Ballistix 184-pin DIMM
Feature: DDR PC4000
Configuration: 128Meg x 64
DIMM Type: Unbuffered
Error Checking: Non-parity
Speed: DDR500
Voltage: 2.8V
Memory Timings: 3-4-4-8
10 answers Last reply
More about crucial ddr500 dimms
  1. finally!

Homer: (crying) ahhh i dont remember the last time i cried like this!
    Lisa: When u put ur shirt on backwards
    Homer: (crying) o ya, (crying) the tag chafed my skin (crying)
  2. I wonder if they'll hold the tighter timings of their smaller modules?

My Ballistix PC4000 came SPD programmed at 2.5-3-3-8 regardless of what the documentation said.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  3. Does their documentation mention the SPD timings or just the validated (i.e. tested) timings at a given frequency (e.g. DDR500)? Possibly they would see an opportunity to loosen the SPD timings on their <i>overclocker's</i> (i.e. DDR500) modules because they would assume the user would want to manually set the timings. And target Ballistix DDR400 at users looking for low timings out-of-box without the need for manually setting timings.
  4. the crucial site states 1GB modules to have looser timings than the 512mb, hopy they can manage the same

Abit IC7 Max II Advance - P4E3.0@3.45- i875P - 1024mb dual ddr400 3-2-2-6 - Leadtek 6800 128mb@380/850 - 600W dualfan(front/rear) PowerTek Psu - maxtor 4K080H4 & 6Y120P0 - samsung sm-352b
  5. Hey, take a look at <A HREF="http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=241440" target="_new">THIS MOTHERBOARD DEAL</A>

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  6. UH HUH!
  7. heh.. you call that a deal?! :p Love that purple PCB ;)

Abit IC7 Max II Advance - P4E3.0@3.45- i875P - 1024mb dual ddr400 3-2-2-6 - Leadtek 6800 128mb@380/850 - 600W dualfan(front/rear) PowerTek Psu - maxtor 4K080H4 & 6Y120P0 - samsung sm-352b
  8. Admit it, as nice a board as it is, it's now WORTHLESS!

9. NICE FIND, heh might get one of these babys and sell on ebay, or use as a second comp. thanks crash

Homer: (crying) ahhh i dont remember the last time i cried like this!
    Lisa: When u put ur shirt on backwards
    Homer: (crying) o ya, (crying) the tag chafed my skin (crying)
  10. ChaChing!
    Thanx

Read More

Memory Configuration Crucial DIMM