New line in icon name on desktop?

How can I force the text in the name of an icon to break to a new
line?

----------------------- EXAMPLE --------------------------

For example, I might this name for an icon on the desktop:

"XP happy & content"

which might show as:

"XP happy &
content"

but which I want to show with a line break in a different position:

"XP happy
& content"

--------------------- END EXAMPLE ------------------------

Hi Will,

Press the space bar after the word happy until the line wraps.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

On Sun 10 Jul 2005 21:10:53, Bert Kinney wrote:

> Hi Will,
>
> Press the space bar after the word happy until the line wraps.

If I use the space bar then the icon's text no longer centers
properly. In fact it starts to look like a bit of a mess!

But I want to *improve* the looks of the text! :)

Will.

On Mon 11 Jul 2005 15:07:54, pip22 wrote:

> Really -- I can't believe this required online help, or help from
> anywhere for that matter!
> And I thought I had a learning problem!

Heh heh! Except that your suggestion doesn't work.

If the screen font magnification is changed or the font or font size
changed then the spaces make a real mess. In fact they make a real
mess without any of those things happening. You have tried it
haven't you? If not then I can tell you that the character alignment
is a joke. See my other post in this thread.

In the end, I am looking to manually force a line break. Do you know
what key combo would generate a line break in the icon text?