Restrict internet access to administrator's account using windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariel1233

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Hello,
I need to restrict internet access to windows 7 administrator account. JUDGE ORDERED THIS. PROBATION OFFICER NEEDS TO BE SHOWN. I have a computer savvy kid. Is there any foolproof way to do this? I changed my security network key. Somehow he figured it out. It is becoming a "You can't limit my access" power stuggle even though the stakes are high. He needs his computer for homework and writing assignments or I would just take it away. Stubborn, smart kid. Help.

In BIOS disable boot from CD/DVD, USB, & Floppy. Put a password on the BIOS. Set a very strong password on the administrator account (14 characters minimum mixed case with special characters). While logged on as administrator disable all network adapters. Place his account in the users group only. Then watch him like a hawk.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Did your kid access your admin account? That is different than dealing with the network security key. Are we talking about multiple computers? Are they all connected wirelessly or wired or both?

Please describe the number of systems and how they are all connected. There are steps that can be taken, but it will require much vigilance on your part.

Jim_L9

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006

McgheeL

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Since its Judge ordered,

I would take his computer to an electronics place and have them remove the netword adapter /

if integrated on a desktop i would take a plyers and break it off.

If the kid is determined he will find a way..

Take care of this issue on the hardware side. This should comply with any order.

L

Status
Not open for further replies.